Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this under another topic/thread... Figured everyone would see it better here....

Anyone want to get a group together to go ride through 'The Snake' aka Mulholland Hwy?

I'd love to get a group together to go ride through the snake one Sunday this month or next. Who would like to join?

On another note... I met a fellow Solstice owner in Thousand Oaks a couple weeks ago. I believe you said you have a Silver 06. If you remember talking to me, let me know. Maybe we can get a group together.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Are you talking about Mulholland Drive home of Dead Mans Curve? Years ago there was a program in So. Cal. called Eye on L.A. with Chuck Henry as the host. On one episode they strapped a harness on him and the camera man and winched them down Dead Mans Curve to show the cars still at the bottom.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you talking about Mulholland Drive home of Dead Mans Curve? Years ago there was a program in So. Cal. called Eye on L.A. with Chuck Henry as the host. On one episode they strapped a harness on him and the camera man and winched them down Dead Mans Curve to show the cars still at the bottom.
Maybe... Not quite sure though.

Are you up for attending a SoCal Mulholland Hwy ride?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure where that is, the dead mans curve from the Jan and Dean song is on Sunset Blvd. There are some pretty nasty turns on Mulholland but they are no problem for modern cars.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure where that is, the dead mans curve from the Jan and Dean song is on Sunset Blvd. There are some pretty nasty turns on Mulholland but they are no problem for modern cars.
Yea, I'm not sure where that is either.

I drove through Mulholland this weekend. I had a blast. I was thinking we could ride through the snake a couple times and then maybe to Kanan to Malibu beach. It's a nice ride and not too long.

Would you want to join?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts