Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The oem horse’s azz cup holder was busted in my Coupe and I saw the cheap universal one below on ebay, so I bought it to give it a try. I just screwed it right to the “secret” little door of the oem cup holder. Even if you don’t drink and drive you can use it to hold a cell phone or hold spare change. It folds up nicely out of the way of your passenger’s leg. I mounted it to the extreme right of the door so that the door could still open all the way to demonstrate that if your cup holder WASN’T busted you could still benefit from it by being able to carry a back-up beer or.……..aaaggghhh!……..two coffees:

Wood Hardwood Wood stain

Hand Finger Gadget Electronic device Gun

Hand Technology Electronic device Gadget

Bottle Drink Glass bottle Alcoholic beverage Beer bottle

See next post......

·
Registered
97 Posts
wow that's a great idea. My console cupholder broke a while ago and i really didnt want to spend 100+ dollars on a replacement. But this seems to be a great idea. Thanks for the post!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's the great thing about it. If your cupholder is already busted, it's junk and you've got nothing to lose. This little contraption sort of hides out of the way just like the oem one. It's a decent alternative for those people who carry passengers. I seldom carry a passenger and I already have one of those “wedge” ones that you push between the center console and the passenger seat, but I still wanted more storage for odds and ends. They come in 7 different colors too. I bought a black one, but I’m thinking of buying a dark gray one to see if it matches my interior a bit better. They cost $10:

Black Plastic Tasse Car SUV Folding SUV Coffee Cup Holder USA Made | eBay

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Have you ever looked at the set up that DDM offers it's really a nice set up if I allowed people to drink in my car I'd have one

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Old Chub, Oscar Blues Brewery. 3rd best rated Scotch style ale. Dark, flavorful, highly alcoholic. My favorite.

The Sweet Baby Jesus chocolate/peanut flavored stuff tasted like ass. I won't buy that again.

:)

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
I could see where ass flavored ale would not be a hit. The old chub, however, sounds like I might need to investigate. (That didn't sound right at all.)

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
FYI: I just used a cordless screwdriver and some short(1/2" long or less), pointed, sheet metal screws(instead of the ones that came with the cup holder) and just rammed them right into the plastic of the oem cup holder's door. I didn't pre-drill. I discovered that I had to add a washer or two between the new cup holder and the old cup holder door to shim it away from the door a little bit, so that the old cup holder door would latch closed properly.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts