Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Please check all the boxes that apply describing how you plan to use your Solstice?

• Commuting

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • Daily driver for all my daily chores

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • Local weekend rides and events

Votes: 79 68.7%
  • Long weekend and over-night drives

Votes: 64 55.7%
  • Short road trips less than a week long

Votes: 52 45.2%
  • Long road trips over a week long

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • Track days

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Amateur racing

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other - specify below

Votes: 4 3.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you plan to use your Solstice? In a recent discussion, it came up whether people plan to use their cars for extended road trips or just weekend use.

The poll is multiple choice. Please check all of the boxes in the poll that identify how you typically plan to use your car. Please don't check anything that you would rarely do - just those things that would be frequent, or typical, or even occassional ways you plan to use your Solstice.

Thanks!

·
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey GM - I'm doing your Market Research for ya!

·
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amatuer Racing includes AUTOCROSS, of course.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The track days and racing will depend on getting a 4 point roll bar fitted that will pass technical inspection. I am hopeful that we'll see plans, and maybe even actual roll bars at the November SEMA show. That's the main reason that I'm going.

My wife and I are already planning many short trips, and a Route 66 road trip.

Sure, it will also be my daily driver, and will run the 35 miles down to El Segundo (LAX) from Glendale until we relocate down into the South Bay (Southern California South Bay, that is) later this year or early next year.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Whoops, I'm the only vote for "other."

I checked all the others so I figured I might as well get all of em.

I plan on doing everything with this car as it will be the only one I own. Commuting, errands, trips long and short, tracking, etc... This will be my first car I take to any autocross type stuff. I always wanted to with my 240, but it's a sh*tbox and I would blow it up.

Only thing I'm confused about is that you have "amateur racing" and "track days."
Wouldn't amateur racing be considered taking it to the track?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
dori-san said:
Only thing I'm confused about is that you have "amateur racing" and "track days."
Wouldn't amateur racing be considered taking it to the track?
I think that is the PC way to say "street racing" ... ;) :confused:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I checked commuting, but reallistically my Sol will be my summer commuter and my Grand Prix will continue to be my winter commuter.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
I chose mainly the weekend/travel choices as I live only 0.5 miles from my office and I take my bike almost every day. I will take it up to campus at least once to show off to my students! ;) Mainly, it will be for my wife and I to hit the road to some B&B for the weekend. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

--Chemist

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
There are probably 20 attractive young ladies at the office waiting for a ride in this car. So I guess I'll have to take it in for most of July and Aug next summer. ;)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Possible Others:
1. Cruising during the week.
2. Tanning. :cool:
3. Driving my kids mad by telling them for the first time, "No, you can't borrow the keys!"
4. Cruising on the beach with a glove box full of Maude Gras beads. No, Darn, Just saw how small the glove box is. Never mind. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts