Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a chuckle out of the Convertible Mustang commercial where the policeman pulls up behind the a guy in a Mustang at a green light. The officer looks like he is somewhere in northern MN. He walks up to the guy. The guy in the Mustang is frozen stiff. The commercial goes on to say how Ford plans to introduce the convertible Mustang in Spring vs. winter. I was wondering if it was a bit of a dig on the Solstice being introduced in late summer.

·
4,592 Posts
tennis4789 said:
Anyone else get a chuckle out of the Convertible Mustang commercial where the policeman pulls up behind the a guy in a Mustang at a green light. The officer looks like he is somewhere in northern MN. He walks up to the guy. The guy in the Mustang is frozen stiff. The commercial goes on to say how Ford plans to introduce the convertible Mustang in Spring vs. winter. I was wondering if it was a bit of a dig on the Solstice being introduced in late summer.

Apparently is was supposed to be Fargo ND, at least that's what one web site claimed. I think the policeman's local "accent" was a mimmick of the "accent" in the movie Fargo, but don't hold me to it!

Cool add, we had a laugh here in sunny so cal thinking of all the northern boys and girls on the forum!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Gives new meaning to "Found On Road Dead". :jester

Notice that in some of the shots the drivers side headlight was out...

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I personally don't think it's a dig on the Solstice because the Solstice is going to be released during the Summer season. The 2005 Mustang Convertible is coming out Spring 2005 which could be March-April-May and could be any time in those 3 months. The Solstice is supposedly Summer 2005 which is June-July-August. So if the Mustang comes out in May and the Solstice June there's really not much difference. However if it's March and August it could relaly make a difference. But the Solstice would still eb out in the hottest time of year at least.

We had a conversation about this some elsewhere. Some people believe it's a dig on the C6 Corvette which was released in the middle of winter.

·
Registered
120 Posts
brentil said:
I personally don't think it's a dig on the Solstice because the Solstice is going to be released during the Summer season. The 2005 Mustang Convertible is coming out Spring 2005 which could be March-April-May and could be any time in those 3 months. The Solstice is supposedly Summer 2005 which is June-July-August. So if the Mustang comes out in May and the Solstice June there's really not much difference. However if it's March and August it could relaly make a difference. But the Solstice would still eb out in the hottest time of year at least.

We had a conversation about this some elsewhere. Some people believe it's a dig on the C6 Corvette which was released in the middle of winter.
Or maybe it's not a dig at all but is just supposed to be funny in its own right. That's what I got out of it. You can check it (and other Super Bowl commercials) out at:

http://sports.channel.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads

(BTW, I loved the Bud Light skydiving commercial!)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Solsticeman is probably kicking himself for telling the ad agency to go across town :jester

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I think its a friendly shot at Chevy for the C6 'vert's winter release. Winter is an odd time to release a convertable sports car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts