Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used a 10" kicker cvt shallow mount sub powered by a kicker dx250.1 amp.

I got my local audio shop to trim out the inner ring where the 8" sub mounts to.

I then purchased 2 3/4" MDF spacer rings (because my jigsaw broke) from an audio shop. I glued them together with Gorilla wood glue and clamped them together (and spray painted them).

After all was dry I mounted the sub to the monsoon box. (the top 4 screws on the sub went through the monsoon box and the bottom 4 screws did not so I just used smaller screws to mount the sub to the spacer rings and hasn't messed up my sound. Then I used liquid nails sealant to seal the spacer rings around the monsoon box and turned out great and a lot of bass for a 2 seater!

All I need to do now is put another piece of MDF board and seal off this part (where the red circle is) and get some dynamat to avoid some rattle (which isn't bad) and make it sound smoother!!

Everything sounds great and I love my new system!! I am going to change out all other speakers and put them to an amp. Kicker going all around my car (Kicker is my personal favorite system)!!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Nicely done! I still think the acoustics of the car itself makes you feel like you're sitting inside a speaker even with the factory Monsoon.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Any finished pics? Where did you mount the amp?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pics can be posted Friday. The amp will most likely be put into the trunk, it was originally behind my seat in the cargo pocket thing on the waterfall. I have ordered a monsoon waterfall and hopefully it will be here this week or early next week.

I hope to have time Sunday to mount the amp in the trunk which I may build a box for and carpet it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts