DDM A-Pillar Gauge Mount with dual Aeroforce Scan Gauges

Tire: RE-71R for AutoX and Michelin Super Sport for track days
Wheels: Stock

Waiting Install:
-DDM "Race" Backbone
-DDM Venom Front Brace
-Z0K Rear Cross-member
-Z0K Rear Sway-bar

Went from P44 to P11 (raw time, no PAX) just by upgrading to RE-71R tires. I'm not even close to catching the guys up front, but this is a pay to play sport afterall. I could de-tune and run in A-Street, but that would require going back to the stock flywheel. Coronavirus has all of the local events canceled for the foreseeable future, so I'll be doing suspension upgrades during the downtime. I hope these additional mods net me a top 10.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Having won my local AStreet championship last year against Vettes and Porsches, I will say the biggest help will be the rear brace and rear bar. Lighter than stock wheels will always make a difference in every way. I would also suggest no more than 2.5 neg camber up front. The car gets TOO low and some loss of braking at 3 deg neg. (I am on GXP Z0K springs...with the rears impossible to find right now)

Good luck and have fun!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Self-Update:

All of the "waiting to install" parts are on. The Z0K rear cross member really sucked to install. Breaking loose 12 year old camber bolts required using a torch. Zero alignment issues after install ( marked original camber bolt settings). All local autoX has been canceled, but the race tracks are still open. $1000 in sticky tires and $1000 in suspension upgrades got me 3 seconds at NOLA Motorsports park.

Fastest lap video here:

Stay safe out there,

-Matt

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Congrats on the time. If you have a computer that will run it and a wheel for the PC, get yourself iRacing and run the Solstice in there to practice some of those corners. It'll help you to clean up some of those corners.

I remember racing my Mustang and I had never driven a street car to it's full potential. I was terrified because I went out there with the attitude that I could drive. And I had never tried anything like it in real life...just sims. My car was a lot more powerful then what I thought. It took me 3 laps to figure out the power on the real-life car and then I got 3 good laps in.... On my third lap, I really screwed up. So there was a nice, small 180 degree sweeper/carousel into the start/finish line, so I thought I'd put a show on for the fans and drifted it around that entire corner and got a standing ovation from the 200 or so people that were there to "watch".

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. My best lap times have been when I "went for it" and hoped the tires stuck. Even with some sloppy corners braking late and hard always yeilded better times.

I have a logitech g27 setup on a Playseat rig. Bought it specifically for Iracing, but lost interest after about a year. It's very competitive and takes too much of a time commitment to advance through classes. I mostly play Dirt 2.0 now.

Here are my RE71R's after 3 autoX events and 3 track days. Outsides are burned off. If I run them backwards I figure I'll get one more track day or a couple autox events. That's about $150 in rubber anytime I want to have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts