Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from my dealer today. I have a VIN# and my car is on its way.
He said that it will be here for delivery early next week. The only unfortunate part is that I will not be taking delivery. Due to unforseen circumstances since we ordered the car, I will be declining the car. I would do about anything to take delivery but for now it will have to wait. Maybe I can pick up a 2006 or 2007MY. I'm still excited though to see this car when it does finally come in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
what status code are you?

can you provide the status codes and dates from 3400 forward?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
todd_raleigh said:
what status code are you?

can you provide the status codes and dates from 3400 forward?

thanks
I have no idea what you are asking. My dealer called me while I was on the road so I did not get the VIN # or any other detailed information. He said that he has it, I just couldn't write it down. He will be calling me Monday or so to discuss delivery and such. He said that my vehicle is in transit right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Roadster1 said:
Just got a call from my dealer today. I have a VIN# and my car is on its way.
He said that it will be here for delivery early next week. The only unfortunate part is that I will not be taking delivery. Due to unforseen circumstances since we ordered the car, I will be declining the car. I would do about anything to take delivery but for now it will have to wait. Maybe I can pick up a 2006 or 2007MY. I'm still excited though to see this car when it does finally come in.
Don't count on it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Roadster1 said:
Why, have many people been told the same thing without results???

Yep ! I was told by GM that they have to ship the rest of the first 1000, around 20. Then they will start shipping in Oct. ZZ, FM's and some first allocation, but they did say to check back the last few days of Sept. in case they start shipping a little early. I don't know were you live but if it's going by train it takes longer. It's a bummer I know I'm waiting also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Roadster1 said:
Why, have many people been told the same thing without results???
I think your dealer may be overly optimistic. We have a lot of forum members who found out their VINs weeks ago, but their cars have not shipped yet. Just because your car is built and has a VIN does not mean that delivery will immediately follow.

If you have been following the Solstice much, you should be aware of the special promotion GM ran as a tie-in to the Apprentice TV show, for the First 1000 Solstices produced. The general consensus is that GM made a commitment to get the First 1000 cars shipped out first, before regular orders. There are still some of the First 1000 cars at the plant, so it will be a few more weeks probably until any regular orders start shipping.

Unless, of course, you are in Canada. Canadian orders seem to be handled seperately from the US orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Roadster1 said:
Just got a call from my dealer today. I have a VIN# and my car is on its way.
He said that it will be here for delivery early next week. The only unfortunate part is that I will not be taking delivery. Due to unforseen circumstances since we ordered the car, I will be declining the car. I would do about anything to take delivery but for now it will have to wait. Maybe I can pick up a 2006 or 2007MY. I'm still excited though to see this car when it does finally come in.
Some thing is not right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SCISOLSTICE said:
Some thing is not right.

I can't say what is right or wrong!!!

I only know that I received the call from my dealership about noon today stating that my car is in transit and will be available next week. He was ready to start processing the paperwork over the phone today for financing.

Perhaps the dealership is jumping the gun or misinformed, this I do not know.

We did order our car the Monday following the Apprentice episode that it aired on. This may mean that I am early on the 4 month allocation list???

Who knows????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Miss the kinder gentler time on the forum.

There was a time when we cheered people on, encouraged them to hang in; the cars would be here soon. Now every time someone claims to have news of a pending delivery or even the slightest movement in event code, they are immediately shot down by four or five people who had similar news three weeks ago and nothing has happened since.

Lighten up folks. Allow the person to live in hope for at least a brief period of time before dumping reality on them by the truckload.

Otherwise everyone is just going to stop checking in here. :leaving:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
There was a time when we cheered people on, encouraged them to hang in; the cars would be here soon. Now every time someone claims to have news of a pending delivery or even the slightest movement in event code, they are immediately shot down by four or five people who had similar news three weeks ago and nothing has happened since.

Lighten up folks. Allow the person to live in hope for at least a brief period of time before dumping reality on them by the truckload.

Otherwise everyone is just going to stop checking in here. :leaving:
We don't mean to rain on someones parade, but just want them to be aware.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
My event codes with dates (so far):

09/14/05 3800 (Produced)
09/18/05 4000 (Available to ship)
09/19/05 4104 (Bailment Invoice)

The next step is 4150 (vehicle original invoice - dealer billed). Maybe tomorrow...doesn't really matter....Here's the interesting info:

My dealer received a F1K car yesterday. It took 9 calendar days from event code 4000 to 4200 (shipped) and only 1 day to 5000 (vehicle at dealer)! Only 1 day from DE to NC! So, I'm thinking best case is that I'll get the car on Sep 28 (next Wednesday). Assuming, of course, that GM isn't holding the cars back. But, I'm sure they are! I'll keep in touch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
My dealer received a F1K car yesterday. It took 9 calendar days from event code 4000 to 4200 (shipped) and only 1 day to 5000 (vehicle at dealer)! Only 1 day from DE to NC! So, I'm thinking best case is that I'll get the car on Sep 28 (next Wednesday). Assuming, of course, that GM isn't holding the cars back. But, I'm sure they are! I'll keep in touch.
I'm wondering if they did an expedited shipment for the F1K car, since they are trying to get them all delivered before they start delivering regular allocations. I'm sure they don't want the lot at the plant filling up with a backlog of regular allocation cars, like it did with the F1Ks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
We don't mean to rain on someones parade, but just want them to be aware.
Yeah, and it gets painful to see everyone get really excited when their dealer builds up an unreasonable expectation that then ends up not being fulfilled. I hate to see the resulting anxiety and stress when people realize their wait is not over.

We are just trying to let them down gently with some reassurances that they won't be alone in their anticipation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
dengel said:
Unless, of course, you are in Canada. Canadian orders seem to be handled seperately from the US orders.
I must have missed something along the way. How is it that eveyone seems to except that Canadian cars may be delivered before 1st 1K EOP cars and that doesn't constitute GM going back on their word that they wouldn't ship regular production cars until all 1st 1k cars are delivered. I know there is still some dispute about "first built" and "first delivered". But even those that believe the latter seem to not have a problem with Canadian deliveries happening before they get theirs. Not trying to start a border war just trying to understand the logic. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Sydney said:
I must have missed something along the way. How is it that eveyone seems to except that Canadian cars may be delivered before 1st 1K EOP cars and that doesn't constitute GM going back on their word that they wouldn't ship regular production cars until all 1st 1k cars are delivered. I know there is still some dispute about "first built" and "first delivered". But even those that believe the latter seem to not have a problem with Canadian deliveries happening before they get theirs. Not trying to start a border war just trying to understand the logic. :)

Because GM Canada and GM USA are two separate entities within a larger global corporation, and are managed independently. I don't think a marketing campaign developed by the GM USA entity for marketing cars to customers who live in the US has either the legal right or the ability to control or withhold the delivery of cars to another separate entity within the GM corporation, namely GM Canada.

The two entities really function as two separate companies who are being supplied by the same assembly plant.

In addition, the EOP program rules clearly stated that the program applied to the United States ONLY, so from a legal stand-point GM should only be obligated to make the F1K be the first 1000 deliveries to customers in the United States, and they will be in compliance with the rules of the EOP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Sydney said:
I must have missed something along the way. How is it that eveyone seems to except that Canadian cars may be delivered before 1st 1K EOP cars and that doesn't constitute GM going back on their word that they wouldn't ship regular production cars until all 1st 1k cars are delivered. I know there is still some dispute about "first built" and "first delivered". But even those that believe the latter seem to not have a problem with Canadian deliveries happening before they get theirs. Not trying to start a border war just trying to understand the logic. :)
The U.S. transportation system may have something to do with it . How does one ship a newly built car around the old car bottle neck. Just a thought....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
dengel said:
Because GM Canada and GM USA are two separate entities within a larger global corporation, and are managed independently. I don't think a marketing campaign developed by the GM USA entity for marketing cars to customers who live in the US has either the legal right or the ability to control or withhold the delivery of cars to another separate entity within the GM corporation, namely GM Canada.

The two entities really function as two separate companies who are being supplied by the same assembly plant.

In addition, the EOP program rules clearly stated that the program applied to the United States ONLY, so from a legal stand-point GM should only be obligated to make the F1K be the first 1000 deliveries to customers in the United States, and they will be in compliance with the rules of the EOP.
Not argueing with you Dengel, you speak the truth. Though I do not allow GM off the hook so easily. GM say's "it's not our fault the dealer is gouging you, they are their own business". Dealer say's "hey, that's GM's policy not ours!" Gm Canada say's "hey we did not violate any rules, that's GM U.S.!" I am a bit annoyed at the lack of 'ownwership' some companys take with their product. It say's Pontiac on the car for cripes sake!

Once had a mechanic at a 'name-brand' service station damage my car, when I called their HQ I was told "they're independently owned, we don't take responsibility". Your names on the sign out front!!! Doesn't matter what company it is, saying "well hey that's not us, that's just someone we own or are affiliated with" seems pretty weenie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
dengel said:
Because GM Canada and GM USA are two separate entities within a larger global corporation, and are managed independently.
OK I accept the purely legal aspect of your argument, but you have to admit that before the Canucks posted that their cars where being built and shipped that 99.9% of the first 1000 assumed they would be the first people on the planet to own and drive a Solstice. Whether or not GM implied that is another topic.

Anyway didn't mean to cause another thread hijacking. Sorry. Someone get back on topic. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Zz Fm ???

OK folks...I have been through the forum and cannot find anything that tells me what "ZZ" and "FM" stands for....must have missed that post...can anyone help? 'Preciate it.
graybird
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top