1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Is that a piece of plastic or ruber gromet you installed on the base of the antenna?.
How is the reception compare to the OEM antenna?.
It looks good from the pictures, in my case I put a 6" antenna and it also looks pretty good and the reception in my area is the same as the OEM antenna.
Here is a picture of it.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2285

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yours looks good, but the website shows 6" antennas... Did you cut yours?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Magnezium said:
Yours looks good, but the website shows 6" antennas... Did you cut yours?
I think you are confusing the two antennas, what the originator of the thread post it first, and then I just showed what I did with my Solstice, and yes mine is a 6" atenna.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Excitementisnow said:
hey everyone, here are links to pictures that i took of my antenna modification. i like my car a lot better without a long antenna sticking up over the top of the car.
I think you need to let us all know what exactly you did.

·
Registered
895 Posts
If I have XM ordered will mine even come with an antena?
If so, can I just remove it? If I do, what do I put in it's place?
Sitting Duck

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
orlando said:
If I have XM ordered will mine even come with an antena?
If so, can I just remove it? If I do, what do I put in it's place?
Sitting Duck
Yes, you still need an antenna for the AM/FM. You can either keep the OEM, buy a aftermarket, or "shave" the area ... which would be more trouble, than it is worth. MHO

·
Registered
60 Posts
Excitementisnow said:
hey everyone, here are links to pictures that i took of my antenna modification. i like my car a lot better without a long antenna sticking up over the top of the car.

darren
Looks good... How did you do it? Any sources?
Thanks

·
Registered
895 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Is that a piece of plastic or ruber gromet you installed on the base of the antenna?.
How is the reception compare to the OEM antenna?.
It looks good from the pictures, in my case I put a 6" antenna and it also looks pretty good and the reception in my area is the same as the OEM antenna.
Here is a picture of it.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2285

Which one of the 6" models did you order from this website?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
LV, how hard was it to install the 6" antenna? That looks nice.

·
Registered
201 Posts
He said somewhere it just screws on, I imagine like any other car antenna. I couldn't find the quote though. I'm not into mods, but after seeing his photos the antenna is definitely something I'll do. It's quick, easy, and will keep me from stabbing myself in the eye with the stock antenna.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
mceb said:
LV, how hard was it to install the 6" antenna? That looks nice.
Un screw the old OEM antenna and screw in the new Stuby 6" antenna.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I have found out since I purchase the 6" antenna, that the 2 1/2 maybe 3" OnStar antenna mast will screw on to the base of the AM/FM mount, what I was not able to test yet, is wherether or not it will have good reception or if would it work at all.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I've brought this up before, and it's not for everyone:

but there are some other antennae at TruckXpressions that you may have noticed... and on certain cars, I think a more "flamboyant" antenna wouldn't be a bad idea.

Like, a small 6" polished with black O-rings would actually look really good on a black or silver Solstice.

There's nothing wrong with wanting your antenna as "invisible as possible"... but there's nothing wrong with wanting a fashionable antenna as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how i did my mod

all i did was found a threaded rubber cap. when u take the antenna off just screw it on where the antenna goes.

i havent really tested the reception. i am in athens, ohio and there really is only 1 decent radio station here 105.5 and with my modification i get that station clearly. So as for city driving and stations with strong signals i don't see myself having a problem.

I literally got lucky and found that threaded rubber and it was exactly what i was looking for

darren

1 - 20 of 88 Posts