Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Osci, aka Aussi, the orange cat performing the tire inspection in my avatar,departed this life on Monday, November 14th, 2022. He was a beloved old friend who always inspected the Solstice upon its arrival at Kate's to see about any messages sent by his friends back at The Cat Ranch. He managed to get selected for inclusion in the 365 Day Cat Calendar three years over his life. From a young handsome fellow reflected in the dark pond water to a middle aged cat enjoying holiday wrapping and ribbons to playing bag peek with Dash, a younger brown tabby.

As Osci was getting older, he became quite cranky. He had blossomed into a Sumo Wrestler physique, quite rotund and often reluctantly placed on a diet. A mouth and throat problem made it painful for him to eat. He would try to and run away in pain. He was losing weight and not happy unless doped up for pain. We helped him transition Monday afternoon. He is resting in a quiet place next to his favourite fern area in the backyard. We miss him. The other cats are getting used to the cranky one being absent.

We can become very close to our pets. They listen, accept love and neither judge, give advice (most of the time, except for maybe rotisserie chicken quality) or question (you gonna eat all that ham is a given exception).

I just wanted to take a moment to honor Osci/Aussi. He will remain on my avatar as long as I'm still around too.

Richard

· Registered
8,569 Posts
I understand your pain, and sympathy for your loss. We've always been dog people and had to put our 4th bulldog down this summer. Long story short we have rescued three cats over the last few years. It definitely was an adjustment from going from pets that aways came when you called them, to pets that seems to enjoy telling us to just feed them & FO&Die. I'm still a dog person, but I've learned to appreciate the qualities of cats now too.

· Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Special thanks to all of you from the wait staff of a lot of cats over the years. I like their independent spirit. Most have great communications skills, if we have patience, listen and observe. They do it for us. Osci was a special walkup cat who liked the setup and stayed. He helped with our bonding by living with Kate, turning into Aussi, and eventually becoming an old cranky guy. We are not so different sometimes

Thank you again...Richard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts