Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few months it seemed that my boost was getting lower or the GMPP tune was relearning, so after reading some post here on similar topics I decided to check any clamps associated with IC starting from the passenger side....all seemed good and tight and good quality clamps and I get to the last charge tube-still with the factory clamps......first one a little loose but snug and I tighten it up even more,finally the last clamp right under the TB.......hmmmm.... this one seems really loose I got 1/2 a turn and snap...:brentil:##@*#*@&&, of all clamps to fail it just had to be the one in a tight spot,.....GREAT! So for now I put on a normal hose clamp but I'll have to got and get a proper spring clamp during the week and install it, I haven't driven it yet but hoping that was the culprit for the loss of boost.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,734 Posts
It getting cooler there? Ya, the air is denser then and requires less boost.

Or you had loose clamps.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Are the "spring clamps" necessary? Or are regular T-Bolt clamps good for this purpose? Did you find replacement spring clamps? I guess the auto stores should carry these spring clamps(Piston ring,Napa, auto source)

Bert

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
only Piston Ring on Wall st. had anything close enough to the diameter that I needed Especially on a Sunday , but it was only a regular coolant type worm gear hose clamp. I'll go to Western Turbo and get the proper clamps. I noticed that a few of the clamps are already the spring type and were tighter than a .....(.....fill in the blanks___:D__)

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Hopefully your map 3 bar sensor is solder and not crimped.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Not really.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts