Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forum graphis are not supported by the company lap tops anymore :)

Win7 Professional running Internet Explorer

I guess it is time to request a Win10 lap top :)

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
The forum graphis are not supported by the company lap tops anymore :)

Win7 Professional running Internet Explorer

I guess it is time to request a Win10 lap top :)
Not that this helps you, but it is probably IE and not the OS. I am running Windows 7 Pro on one of my computers and with Chrome the forum looks the same as it does on my Windows 10 computer.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,219 Posts
Interesting. I tried Win7Pro with IE, and all the graphics showed on screen, though a bit distorted/stretched in places. My normal browsing is with Win7Pro/Firefox.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip

But Chrome is way too insecure to get passed the company security department. Besides that I decided over a year ago to use Google products as little as possible

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
Thanks for the tip

But Chrome is way too insecure to get passed the company security department. Besides that I decided over a year ago to use Google products as little as possible
It seems to be OK with our company security as it came loaded on my new computer. The other is your choice, of course.

Is your IE at the latest revision?

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Thanks for the tip

chrome insecure ? it is IE that the hackers love to hack... strange...

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Google browser forwards all info to Google, therefore it is insecure by design.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,219 Posts
Google browser forwards all info to Google, therefore it is insecure by design.
I'll agree with that entirely, which is why I won't use it. Unfortunately, Chrome and Chromebooks have usurped the schools almost everywhere, which means that we will have to deal with it sooner than later. :(

YMMV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts