Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the occasion to talk to one of the top Chrysler execs recently. We got to talking about styling. As soon as I told him I have a Solstice he gave me that "Wow, what a great car" look and said that it will be a classic. He said, "Whatever you do, don't sell it."

As to why it did not survive, he was not sure, but guessed that it fell short on functionality, such as interior storage and trunk storage.

I said I fell in love with the Solstice because of its styling and told him that it moved me. I asked, "Do you have anything in works that will move me?" The answer was - yes. He said there is a project under discussion with Alfa Romeo, a sister company in the Fiat family of auto companies. No details, just a smile and a "stay tuned."

·
Registered
351 Posts
My old Saturn dealer is now a Fiat dealer. I had a sales person come up to me while I was having service and they ask me about trading for a Fiat. I told her when Fiat had something that was even close to a Sky I'd think about. She then went on to say that that might be selling Alfa Romeo also at the dealer.

I might think about trading in for another car but Alfa might have to knock my socks off to get me to trade.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That future Plymouth sports car could well be the new Barracuda, as mentioned in another recent thread.

Regarding why the Solstice and Sky "didn't survive", let us not forget that it was 2 entire GM automotive divisions which died, Pontiac and Saturn.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
That future Plymouth sports car could well be the new Barracuda, as mentioned in another recent thread.

Regarding why the Solstice and Sky "didn't survive", let us not forget that it was 2 entire GM automotive divisions which died, Pontiac and Saturn.
I agree. The cars didn't die because of functionality issues. If that were the case, Chrysler would have been gone long ago.

...not to mention Fiat and Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I suspect the dealers are thinking of the upcoming Alfa sports car made by Mazda, based off the Miata. Sold by Chysler, designed by Alfa, made by Mazda. Suspect it will be better than the Mercedes/Chysler Crossfire.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The 4c is an interesting concept. Id like to see though what the pricing will be for that car. I'm guessing around 60k range.

Oh and who the hell took my previous comment out. God damn mods

·
Registered
28 Posts

Yeah, for GM, they probably decided to keep Buick due to it's International sales (big in China). Although, they should have moved the solstice under Buick to keep it going;)

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
The 4c is an interesting concept. Id like to see though what the pricing will be for that car. I'm guessing around 60k range.

Oh and who the hell took my previous comment out. God damn mods
I seem to recall hearing it would compete with the Porche Caymen, so I think it's somewhere in the $50-60k range...

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Well, let's hope the Greeks strike 20 billion barrells of sweet light crude oil under the Oracle at Delphi then. That way they can continue to pay Greeks to not work, get their banks flush, save the Spanish, Italians, and Irish, thus allowing the Italiens(sic) to last long enough to get this into real world production! Whew! Sorry about the rant...just a bunch of steam left over from GMA this morning......I'm better now.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
:cool:I will NEVER get rid of my Sol. She's part of the family now and is a classic. She will always have a place in the garage, if she's not out crusin' and turnin' heads :cool:!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
if anyone were to get the solstice platform please please please be DMC
i love this concept, i would buy this and keep my original in a heart beat, im even thinking about making my hood just like that with the vents because it looks sooo good

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
That is WAY nice. If I can't have a Tesla, I would definitely consider this! :lol:

if anyone were to get the solstice platform please please please be DMC
i love this concept, i would buy this and keep my original in a heart beat, im even thinking about making my hood just like that with the vents because it looks sooo good

·
Registered
406 Posts
doesnt look too hard, just the hood vents then maybe a 2012 DB9 grille or maybe from the new (2013) focus becasue it would be cheaper and probably a better fit...

of course modified to fit right then norms rear diffuser fascia and boom! whats up good lookin! :willy:

and yes i have been doing alot of thinking about doing this to my car...:leaving:

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Oh and who the hell took my previous comment out. G... mods
There is no indication that any post was deleted from this thread. if something is missing, there was likely an issue with the post going through in the first place.

and please watch the language.

thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts