Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Thought I would start a fresh thread as I will be posting quite a bit and want to keep everything in one place for continuity. Looks like I get her on Thursday May 26th. I purchased her from Leggat Chev / Caddy and so far the experience has been excellent. The dealership is doing a 150 point inspection on her. We both concluded that based on the low miles ( 1700 ) km (2800) that she has been parked quite a bit. Therefore a thorough inspection and fresh oil etc. are a must.

The salesperson ( Jeremy) I dealt with is also a former car detailer. He is going to give it a good going over. They are replacing the clear bra on the front as it has some marks and I have them doing the rocker panels as well.

Seeing they are removing the front clear bra I am having them also remove the front license plate holder. Sadly, just like my 2007 GXP Mean Roadster they put a screw into the centre of the cars nose between the kidney grilles to unnecessarily add to the front plate holder stability. The dealership has a body person who is going to patch the hole and then touch it up. Once dry and done the new clear bra can then be applied. Did this with Roadster and you could not tell there had been a screw hole there.

I have ordered a motorized retractable license plate holder from Parts For Your Car (PFYC). This will be my first mod.:wink: Speaking of mods unlike my 2007 I will only be doing very limited mods and they must be reversible. All OEM parts will be kept.

This pic shows her for sale on the lot. Remember that price is in CDN $ taxes on top. I will be posting lots of pics once I have her.:smile2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Your going to have lots of fun

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Yea that is the way I did my Sky, nothing cut, drilled or broken to put on the mods, unless I had the original OEM part to do it. The coupes have a good chance of being a collector car, but only if it is stock I think. Highly modified your looking for the individual that likes your mods, stock, means it was not abused to some. Anxious to see them together sir.

Congrats.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
NS, do you know the coupes backstory? Was it a trade in or did they buy it from an auto auction? Also, do you know how long it was for sale before you stole, err I mean bought it? :devil:

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NS, do you know the coupes backstory? Was it a trade in or did they buy it from an auto auction? Also, do you know how long it was for sale before you stole, err I mean bought it? :devil:
I believe it was a trade in or they took cash. Apparently it had been kept as a "collectible" and then something happened which forced its sale. As you know we have a pretty active club in Ontario....SSOOO (Solstice Sky Owners of Ontario) .....none of us heard about or saw this Coupe prior. She was on the lot for 4 days. I got her before it was to be listed on the Internet.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are one lucky dog, N.S. Remember, cars (all cars) are made to be driven and enjoyed. Go for it.
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Congratulations again

Congrats.
Now an Ace of Spades owner in GXP .( mysterious black trumps )
Will it be drivin or placed on blocks ? ( ie. Collectable status )
This car is great, however many things to be aware of !
Don't lean on center console is but one !:party

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
Yea that is the way I did my Sky, nothing cut, drilled or broken to put on the mods, unless I had the original OEM part to do it. The coupes have a good chance of being a collector car, but only if it is stock I think. Highly modified your looking for the individual that likes your mods, stock, means it was not abused to some. Anxious to see them together sir.

Congrats.
Me too. Nothing that cant be put . . . oh wait. What am I saying . .

I plan to be buried in mine. Its MINE!>:)

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
Congrats.
There are several threads about the center console. Some have reinforced the bottom. I put foam under the console to support it. Works great.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Congrats.
I think I will call her "The Ace of Spades". Thank you for the idea! I was in the Music Biz for 30 years before I went into "Soltirement". I promoted three or four shows with Motorhead ( Ace of Spades was their most famous song ) and got to know and like Lemmy may he R.I.P.

She will be driven but no more than 2000 miles per year. I will enjoy her immensely. The 2000 miles I do on her will be 2000 I don't do on my 2007 mean GXP - she now has 45,000 miles on her. Both Sols are parked from Mid November until the arrival of spring.

As for the console I am well aware of that. I never had a problem with the one in my roadster. I had it covered in leather by JPM. A few years ago I got the DDM one and also had it covered in leather by JPM. The original leather covered console was sold to a forum member.
Thanks for the idea and the feedback.....
Northern Sol the Ace of Spades.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Me too. Nothing that cant be put . . . oh wait. What am I saying . .

I plan to be buried in mine. Its MINE!>:)
Me too Rob. I am a "Sol Man" for life. I look forward to one day meeting you in person.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 45 Posts