Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a call from my dealer. I'm now Priority #1, my order will be pulled by GM on Tuesday. My dealer was given a build date for my car, week of September 19th! I know this may not be exciting for everyone else, but it has made my day. What a great week......Drove a Solstice at the Ride and Drive on Tuesday in San Bernardino, CA. and now my order will be pulled by GM! Please don't wake me up from this dream!.......Superior Pontiac Rocks!

·
4,592 Posts
ntouched said:
Just received a call from my dealer. I'm now Priority #1, my order will be pulled by GM on Tuesday. My dealer was given a build date for my car, week of September 19th! I know this may not be exciting for everyone else, but it has made my day. What a great week......Drove a Solstice at the Ride and Drive on Tuesday in San Bernardino, CA. and now my order will be pulled by GM! Please don't wake me up from this dream!.......Superior Pontiac Rocks!
congrads!! I hope to see on of the first Sols that get into So Cal, maybe you'll ake it available to be seen by us locals.

RODEO (north los angeles)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
This is a test forum, moving to general, thanks.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Real News and Humor......

Soiltron said:
hey, make sure RichSol reads your thread. He's looking for some real news.
Hey, I love all the threads. Especially when everyone starts tossing around the jokes and humor. I read about RichSol wanting a NEWS ONLY THREAD.....I'm ok with that, but I really love the humor and sarcasm.......Just my take.....

·
Registered
535 Posts
ntouched said:
I don't think you can get a build date if it hasn't been pulled yet. Sounds like the dealer's speculation to me. I would ask him after Tuesday!

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
This is a test forum, moving to general, thanks.

Yeah, what's up with that, I saw the mods had to move like 12 threads out of the test section. How's that happening????

thanks mceb!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
RODEO said:
Yeah, what's up with that, I saw the mods had to move like 12 threads out of the test section. How's that happening????

thanks mceb!
I just posted some guidelines in there. I suspect people may not know to go "up the tree to the top" to see all forums by clicking on "forums" link in blue menu bar. No biggie.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
I don't think you can get a build date if it hasn't been pulled yet. Sounds like the dealer's speculation to me. I would ask him after Tuesday!
I think a lot of dealers are just talking to talk. I went to my dearer today and no build dates are being given except on first 1000. And he verified this by showing me paper work.

·
5,641 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:

After Tuesday it will be too late. GM isn't giving Target Production Weeks on Launch (New) Vehicles. So regardless of if the car is regular allocation or one of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices, there is no TPW infomation available after the order is "picked up"

The only way to get a potential Target Production Week is at the start of the dealer order cycle. Then it is shown in the VOMS allocation request table.

All the dealership is doing if passing along the infomation that VOMS is showing. So if anything, it is speculation on Pontiac's part.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Small Dealer said:
After Tuesday it will be too late. GM isn't giving Target Production Weeks on Launch (New) Vehicles. So regardless of if the car is regular allocation or one of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices, there is no TPW infomation available after the order is "picked up"

The only way to get a potential Target Production Week is at the start of the dealer order cycle. Then it is shown in the VOMS allocation request table.

All the dealership is doing if passing along the infomation that VOMS is showing. So if anything, it is speculation on Pontiac's part.
So there are target weeks only up until the time they decide to build a particular car, and then they are silent?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Speculation or Not........

Small Dealer said:
Speculation or not, I appreciate the info everyone is providing. All I know is, I received a phone call from the dealer stating estimate build date of week of 9-18-05 thur 9-25-05. I'm just happy the freakin order will be pulled on Tuesday. It's a step closer than a few thousand other orders! :yesnod:

·
Registered
64 Posts
ntouched said:
Speculation or not, I appreciate the info everyone is providing. All I know is, I received a phone call from the dealer stating estimate build date of week of 9-18-05 thur 9-25-05. I'm just happy the freakin order will be pulled on Tuesday. It's a step closer than a few thousand other orders! :yesnod:
I also received the same call from my dealer today and I was told the same build week as you. :cheers:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I bugged my dealer for my build week, they called the DEALER customer
center and got a date of this week 8/22 for my first 1000 order.

They claimed the center had up to date info and their info is delayed.

So there are TPW's.

I just hope 8/22 was right.

Later!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keeping my Head Up.......

DaveK said:
I also received the same call from my dealer today and I was told the same build week as you. :cheers:
Sounds like they are close to finishing the 1st 1000. Production is definitely ramping up. Allocation orders are not far behind. For our sakes, I hope our confirmations from the dealers are on target. Would love to see my Solstice in October (Still 80 degrees plus in my part of So. California in the Winter).......
:thumbs:

·
Registered
61 Posts
ntouched said:

I may be a little slow, but are you talking about the first car of the dealers first allocation? If so, when did you order you car? Did you order all/most options? I would like to generally track target prod. dates by date ordered to give myself an idea of when my car may be built. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was order #4 at my dealer.....

AJB said:
I may be a little slow, but are you talking about the first car of the dealers first allocation? If so, when did you order you car? Did you order all/most options? I would like to generally track target prod. dates by date ordered to give myself an idea of when my car may be built. Does that make sense?
All dealers were given a four month allocation (Sept. - Dec.). My dealer was allowed 5 vehicles during the 1st four months allocation. I was order #4 (first 3 were already pulled by GM). I ordered in mid June (Just two months ago). I ordered "Cool" silver, two-tone leather, cd/mp3, XM, chrome wheels, monsoon speakers (everything except 6 disc changer, OnStar and Smokers Package). The question you want to ask your dealer is, are you in his 1st four month allocation of orders. I placed orders at two dealers two months ago, hoping and praying one would soon go through. Looks like all worked out for me. Hope I answered your question. Forum experts, feel free to add your two cents......
:yawn:

·
Registered
61 Posts
ntouched said:
All dealers were given a four month allocation (Sept. - Dec.). My dealer was allowed 5 vehicles during the 1st four months allocation. I was order #4 (first 3 were already pulled by GM). I ordered in mid June (Just two months ago). I ordered "Cool" silver, two-tone leather, cd/mp3, XM, chrome wheels, monsoon speakers (everything except 6 disc changer, OnStar and Smokers Package). The question you want to ask your dealer is, are you in his 1st four month allocation of orders. I placed orders at two dealers two months ago, hoping and praying one would soon go through. Looks like all worked out for me. Hope I answered your question. Forum experts, feel free to add your two cents......
:yawn:

Thanks ntouched. It is good news and bad for me. The GOOD: I'm supposed to be #2 of 2 in the first four month allocation. I ordered 4/29. The BAD: My dealer hasn't told me diddly sqaut, even with recent some "prodding" to do so. I'll be visiting him in person tommorrow :brentil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts