Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I found a dent in my passenger side quarter panel. It looked like it was from a door, probably a truck door to be so high on the panel. I went to my dealer and they got me an appointment with Dent Wizard, a local dent removal company. Today I dropped my car off at noon and by 1:30 my car was back in my hands but without a dent. The work they did was fantastic. I took before and after pics for your viewijng pleasure. The repair only cost my $53, which was a small price to get my baby back in dentless condition.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31219241785.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31219250276.jpg&s=x11

If you have ever had concerns about this type of repair, rest assured that the work is good and the results are fantastic.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks great. Inexpensive too!

Didn't you get hit in the forehead with a stone a while back? Were they able to remove the dent in your forehead too? :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
dents

I spent a few months (of which I'm not particularly proud) :( as a used car salesman. We had an unwritten contract with Dent Wizard to work on our inventory of used cars. The work they do is absolutely unbelievible. Don't know what they do exactly, but the results are great and worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right about the stone. No fix for my head. At least my Solstice is dentless! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Have my appointment this Friday for my Sol.

Your ding is in similar spot, rear quarter panel? How did they access the area behind the ding?

Something tells me these cars are going to be picking up dings real easy.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:
Have my appointment this Friday for my Sol.

Your ding is in similar spot, rear quarter panel? How did they access the area behind the ding?

They may not have had to get behind it at all. There are a number of tricks to getting out dents including heat. I had hail damage on a truck a couple of years ago, after repair you woulds never no it! :)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mceb,
They got to the dent through the trunk. At least it was large enough to get the dent tool in. :lol: I really gave the area a good going over and I can't find the dent location at all, and I worked with my Dad in a body shop through high school and college. The dent people are really great.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Very Impressed

Wow, those are great results. Given the depth and size of the dent, I would have thought you would have lost paint or at least had a crack in the paint. That is amazing, I had heard they do great work but I thought it was on less complicated dents. :)

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Same here

mceb said:
I already have a large dent in my hood and a small scratch on my door. This is not my daily driver either. I am concerned about the strength of the body and the quality of the paint. Hope this is not a trend. Even at $60 a shot, every 1000 miles will start to add up.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Dogtown said:
I already have a large dent in my hood and a small scratch on my door. This is not my daily driver either. I am concerned about the strength of the body and the quality of the paint. Hope this is not a trend. Even at $60 a shot, every 1000 miles will start to add up.
How did you get the dent in the hood?

Sheetmetal might be little thinner to get the curves...just a thought?

My plan is to park as far form every other car as possible.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
mceb said:
How did you get the dent in the hood?

My plan is to park as far form every other car as possible.
I am not sure, it did not happen when I was in the car that I noticed. It is a dent and a scratch. No easy repair here. I have not decided what to do with it yet.

·
Registered
230 Posts
mceb said:
Personally, I really doubt this. The curvy sheetmetal actually "sledded" me up without buckling or anything (as far as I could see when I looked at it.) and brought the full force of my impact into my rim and tyre.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
Last week I found a dent in my passenger side quarter panel. It looked like it was from a door, probably a truck door to be so high on the panel. I went to my dealer and they got me an appointment with Dent Wizard, a local dent removal company. Today I dropped my car off at noon and by 1:30 my car was back in my hands but without a dent. The work they did was fantastic. I took before and after pics for your viewijng pleasure. The repair only cost my $53, which was a small price to get my baby back in dentless condition.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31219241785.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31219250276.jpg&s=x11

If you have ever had concerns about this type of repair, rest assured that the work is good and the results are fantastic.

there you go. proof positive of how good pdr is. i work in insurance auto claims so now maybe everyone will quit giving us insurance folks hell for suggesting paintless dent removal, hard to believe but we ain't out to cheat anyone (that's the agents job :lol: )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dent Wizard

If you have ever had concerns about this type of repair, rest assured that the work is good and the results are fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I had a lot of hail damage about 8 years ago when my car was only a month old!!! I was sick. Someone suggested Dent Wizard. They did the work for about 1/4th of the cost to have it fixed in a body shop. After 8 years I still have the original paint job and it looks good!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ex-Miata Man, I'm impressed and more comfortable that I'll be able to get the eventual dings repaired reasonably. I have a very slight one on drivers side quarter panel that I'm pretty sure got done in my own garage. I can only park so far away from other cars in there. I think I'll wait until something more serious hits to get the repair done. Thanks for the report.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
My wife parked my TrailBlazer a bit too close to first base at my son's little league game this summer. Some kid smacked the rear door with a ball. I couldn't believe the dent - A perfect baseball size right in the center of the panel. She took it to a local shop and $90 later it was perfect. They just popped it back out, as good as new.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Solstice body panels are hydroformed (except for the small flat panel behind the front wheelwell), which is one reason the assembly line can't be speeded
up - it takes awhile to force the sheetmetal to take the shape of the die
by using liquid pressure.

·
Registered
518 Posts
We have used the Dent Wizard at our dealership for years. The best thing about this process, in addition to cost, is the fact that the factory finish is uncompromised. Certain types of dents (usually sharp deep, or near edges cant be repaired this way, but for most minor dents its wise to call them first.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.