Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my dealer telling me that my car was built last Wednesday, 9/14/05! It is in Wilmington awaiting final Quality Control inspection. He's supposed to get an update on shipping this Thursday. Looks like I will get some top-down driving in before winter sets in!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
jimmyo said:
I just got a call from my dealer telling me that my car was built last Wednesday, 9/14/05! It is in Wilmington awaiting final Quality Control inspection.
Just waiting on QC - well then, you've probably only got another 6-8 weeks before it arrives :willy: :brentil:

Hope your delivery moves more smoothly that the first 1K.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
MAKsys said:
Just waiting on QC - well then, you've probably only got another 6-8 weeks before it arrives :willy: :brentil:

Hope your delivery moves more smoothly that the first 1K.

Good Luck
I really believe that they are holding back shipment of the regular cars until the F1K's are all delivered. Once all the F1K's are out, I think we'll be seeing a quick burst of regular allocation deliveries. (Or that is my hope anyway.) :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
I really believe that they are holding back shipment of the regular cars until the F1K's are all delivered. Once all the F1K's are out, I think we'll be seeing a quick burst of regular allocation deliveries. (Or that is my hope anyway.) :)
I was told no, that once they are all shipped (first 1000) then they will start shipping others. They can't wait untill all first 1000 are in people hands, With all the hurricanes it could be Dec. or Jan before some of those are delivered I would imagine. I just glad mines going by truck not train, live in CT. 6 hour drive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just learned that at 6 weeks I'm still at 1100! Not even 2000, It is going to be a long, long time for me. My dealer says February or March. RU kidding me!!!!!!!!! :brentil: I don't know if I can hang on that long if they don't speed the delivery and order fulfillment process just a bit. I keep reading about cars in Wilmington just gathering dust and am getting a real bad feel for this...feels like screw-up! I was really hoping that 1K and ZZ completion would mean a faster shipping of orders and thereby quicken the whole process, but I'm not feeling too confident in GM right now! Anyone heard from GMLINEDOG or Cricket lately? Anyone have any good news for me to help me hang on. Rant over now. I feel a bit better. :rant:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deepsol06 said:
Anyone heard from GMLINEDOG or Cricket lately? Anyone have any good news for me to help me hang on. Rant over now. I feel a bit better.
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a post that Cricket would be on vacation this week. As for GMlinedog, I think he's been instructed not to share anymore information.

·
Registered
35 Posts
dengel said:
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a post that Cricket would be on vacation this week. As for GMlinedog, I think he's been instructed not to share anymore information.

Do we have high level GM-types among us? If so, BUILD, INSPECT, ANDSHIP OUR CARS PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Even simpler give us a website where we can enter our VOMS # and check our event codes and maybe get some generic "inside" info. Information really does (most times I guess) help ease the pain.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
deepsol06 said:
Just learned that at 6 weeks I'm still at 1100! Not even 2000, It is going to be a long, long time for me. My dealer says February or March. RU kidding me!!!!!!!!! :brentil: I don't know if I can hang on that long if they don't speed the delivery and order fulfillment process just a bit. I keep reading about cars in Wilmington just gathering dust and am getting a real bad feel for this...feels like screw-up! I was really hoping that 1K and ZZ completion would mean a faster shipping of orders and thereby quicken the whole process, but I'm not feeling too confident in GM right now! Anyone heard from GMLINEDOG or Cricket lately? Anyone have any good news for me to help me hang on. Rant over now. I feel a bit better. :rant:
6 weeks, try 5 months baby, still nothing but sitting in dealers order bank... :willy:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Deepsol06,
I know your pain! Mine ordered 6/1 and isn't to the 1100 level yet as yours is. A pleasant call to Pontiac Support redirected me back to my dealer with a idea of him e-mailing the VOM support system to learn more. As I already know more from this forum than the dealer, I'm probably p***ing up the provervbile rope.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
deepsol06 said:
You placed an order 6 weeks ago? You won't get any noticable sympathy on the board. Most have waited 22 weeks (April 15). I've been waiting 3 years...put my deposit down on August 10, 2002. Still waiting for my car! I suggest you do something to keep you busy - try cleaning out the garage! I just did it! :yesnod:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dead silence

Most dealers not able to get good info....
GM Service center going dark...........
Over 1000 post 1k cars produced..........
GMLinedog silenced..........
Cars being produced & shipped without advancing through the production system.......

The Solstice "Team" has strategically decided to do their best to meet the commitment to the "1kers" and go dark for few weeks before opening the flood gates.

·
5,641 Posts
deepsol06 said:
If so, BUILD, INSPECT, ANDSHIP OUR CARS PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

Even simpler give us a website where we can enter our VOMS # and check our event codes and maybe get some generic "inside" info. Information really does (most times I guess) help ease the pain.

It dosen't matter how high they stack the cars at Wilmington. It will not get your car allocated one bit sooner.

The only cars (orders) that matter are the ones in front of you at your dealership. It appears that there are enough to make your dealership think that your car will be produced next year. In eary October, dealerships will be getting their second estimated four month allocation numbers. Then your dealership will be able to give you a better idea of when your order may move along.

You dealership is able to check your order status any time, so there is no need for GM to develop a fourth system to track orders for the small percentage of their total business that factory orders represent.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: No
General Conversation: No

·
5,641 Posts
RamJet said:
Mine ordered 6/1 and isn't to the 1100 level yet as yours is. A pleasant call to Pontiac Support redirected me back to my dealer with a idea of him e-mailing the VOM support system to learn more. As I already know more from this forum than the dealer, I'm probably p***ing up the provervbile rope.

I don't think there is anything below event code #1100 in the VOMS line-up.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...any narcs here?

dengel said:
As for GMlinedog, I think he's been instructed not to share anymore information.
How would GM know the Dog's real identity? Unless some of the Solsticeforum admin team gave up his internet address! (Or he was going online at work!)
:cool:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Small Dealer said:
You dealership is able to check your order status any time, so there is no need for GM to develop a fourth system to track orders for the small percentage of their total business that factory orders represent.
My dealer tells me he can't check status, asked twice...won't ask again. I am trying to learn patience, I guess I'm a poor student. I myself do not wish to be a pia so I limit my dealer calls to one a month. I guess I wouldn't mind so much if they would just tell me they don't want to be bothered...but to say they can't when I know different...

1st allocation (1 of 5, or so I was told) Hearing other 1st allocation buyers getting answers gives me hope!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RichSol said:
How would GM know the Dog's real identity? Unless some of the Solsticeforum admin team gave up his internet address! (Or he was going online at work!)
Umm, maybe from the pic of his car that he used for his avatar?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...maybe

Editguy said:
Umm, maybe from the pic of his car that he used for his avatar?
But it's pretty small and no visible license plate. But if he drives it to work everyday, you might be right. Too bad. He was our best direct link. I will miss him a great deal.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RichSol said:
But it's pretty small and no visible license plate. But if he drives it to work everyday, you might be right. Too bad. He was our best direct link. I will miss him a great deal.
:agree: I think he has done them far more good than harm, but a part of me can also understand the company's perspective.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
jimmyo said:
I just got a call from my dealer telling me that my car was built last Wednesday, 9/14/05! It is in Wilmington awaiting final Quality Control inspection. He's supposed to get an update on shipping this Thursday. Looks like I will get some top-down driving in before winter sets in!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Check out the first line of my updated signature below. Got the news Saturday from our dealer. Looks like we're right behind you. We were thinking Christmas, but now if all goes well it'll be here by Halloween. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I think he will be back, at least I am hoping he/they do come back if nothing else to say hello once in a while.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts