1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think?

before:

and after:

makes the car look less like an MRS and more like an old porsche 550 to me.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My eyes must be failing me as all I see different is a darkened grille? What I'd like to see is the side marker gone from the fascia and back into the headlights where I can easily remove it myself.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darkhamr said:
My eyes must be failing me as all I see different is a darkened grille? What I'd like to see is the side marker gone from the fascia and back into the headlights where I can easily remove it myself.
your eyes are fine.:smile i guess body-colored grilles arent a major change, even tho i didnt claim so, but to me it significantly increases its good looks. the plain light gray grilles would stand out too much on say, a black car, for my tastes.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Bizz said:
your eyes are fine.:smile i guess body-colored grilles arent a major change, even tho i didnt claim so, but to me it significantly increases its good looks. the plain light gray grilles would stand out too much on say, a black car, for my tastes.
Oh ok then. I'm all about personalizing my cars like that. I'm not sure I like the darker grille on that color, but on a black one, probably.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yea making your car stand out is in my opinion is the best part of owning your car because who want to drive something that looks like everything else so even doing something as little as changing the grille color will make your car stand apart well that is untill everyone else does it to but then its time to make some more changes.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darkhamr said:
Oh ok then. I'm all about personalizing my cars like that. I'm not sure I like the darker grille on that color, but on a black one, probably.
im not real good at photoshop, but i'll see if i can whip us up a black one, :wink

·
Registered
118 Posts
I actually like the silver/gray grille treatment - at least on the blue-gray colored car. Hard to say on other colors like red or black - I agree, there it may look like a bit much. Kind of like the Murano with it's massive chrome grille that just destroys the styling for me.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Good job Bizz! That black is damn sexy. I do think I prefer the blacked out grille on the black one, though either way does look good. It was me that mentioned the side marker. Looks better, but I'm still nervous about it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice job. Black on black is real sharp - if Pontiac is smart they will offer the option of the silver grille or a body-colored grille. Of course, that might be the type of thing they hold back for a year and call part of a refresh.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys! i thought it pretty much looked like crap ( the ps job). i missed the fender arrowhead on the first pic and forgot to change the color of the waterfall. i wish i could make them look perfect like the ones at photoshop junkie. the front fascia looks like it was painted with a spraycan and the hood looks like a cat has been walking all over it. im gonna pretend those "effects" were intentional. :D

btw, no one found Waldo?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ah, I'm able to overlook the PS imperfections. As long as I get the jist of what it's supposed to look like. BTW, I did miss waldo the first view but noticed it the second time before reading your last post. I was like "WTF? was that there last time?" haha

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good work Bizz i like that color and Kyle i do agree the first Mod is deff gonna have to be a good S/C to make sure that i dont lose to any Mazda Miata's or the new MazdaSpeed Miata's because they are lookin good and i dont want to lose to them, and my friend is getting a Acura RSX Type-S and i will need to beat that to maintain bragging rights and i dont think that the 170HP is gonna cut it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the engine start button is a great thing to have on any Sports car i think that it should be something on the solstice maybe not on the shifter but it should deffently be on the car

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like that engine start shifter knob, pretty slick. Looks like alot of fiddeling to make it look perfect in the car.

As far as the body goes, I don't think I would change a thing for a mod. May be one of those big rice burner park benches for a spoiler. :D J/K! While I am at that I can get one of those noise makers out of JC Whitney that makes the sound of the Turbo spooling up and get some spinner rims or hubcaps. lol

The body is so round and fluid looking, I don't think this car could pull off any type of ground effects without looking like crap. May be they will come out with some parts that might look really cool, dunno, have to see what happens.

To add to the first mod is the power pulley on top of the super charger, then get a V1 radar detector, then get headers and an exhaust so I can hear what I am driving with the top down. Nothing loud or weed whacker sounding, just a low rumble. After that the car should be pushing 230-260 hp, plenty to knock off most cars in its class by alot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been thinking a set of Eibach lowering springs. It's hard to tell by the pics but I think you'll be able to lower it about 1.5" or so with no trouble.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts