Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Stig and I got our first view of a Solstice yesterday! All I could say when I first saw it was, "WOW!"

It was 'pure,' exactly the color that we ordered. It was bigger than I thought it would be, only because I'm used to my little Elise. But the propertions were perfect! From every angle it was beautiful. It is elegant and simple, and the lines are just amazing! It is sooo much nicer in person than in pictures! It is prettier than any other roadster currently on the market. I really cant wait until we get our car.

Shinoo ("The Man") has had a chance to drive one and take one apart, but the Stig and I couldnt take this one out for a spin just yet. It had some stuff missing from the engine bay. Can't say why, or what might have been in there instead :devil:

Anyway, we are working diligently to get some products ready for the Solstice very soon. We should have some performance upgrades within the next month! :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Congrats Lillie :)

The curves do not come accross in 2 dimensions, that's what really pop when you see it in person.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree! Today I got a call from local dealership...so my wife and I drove over in my Z06 to see if she liked the Solstice!

Needless to say the car is stunning! I want to see the automatic and the turbo charged 250 hp motor and make sure the wife feels comfortable actually driving the car on the road...

(she could care less about the 250hp option but I figured if hooked up with an automatic the 250hp couldn't hurt)

The car was stunning and with a manual no one needs the extra power but with an automatic it might be a better way to go..

What a car!

Bob Lutz hits a home run for sure!

What do you guys think the 250hp motor will add to the price? 3 to 4 grand?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
We'll be listening up here in Glendale

We'll be listening for your announcements.

Any thoughts to do a 4 point roll bar? The hoops on Z4's are good enough to pass tech, so something like that for the Solstice might work. I'm anxious to get my Solstice out on the Streets of Willow, but I've got to have a 4 point bar first.... :cool:

·
2,574 Posts
JBsZ06 said:
I agree! Today I got a call from local dealership...so my wife and I drove over in my Z06 to see if she liked the Solstice!

Needless to say the car is stunning! I want to see the automatic and the turbo charged 250 hp motor and make sure the wife feels comfortable actually driving the car on the road...

(she could care less about the 250hp option but I figured if hooked up with an automatic the 250hp couldn't hurt)

The car was stunning and with a manual no one needs the extra power but with an automatic it might be a better way to go..

What a car!

Bob Lutz hits a home run for sure!

What do you guys think the 250hp motor will add to the price? 3 to 4 grand?

Naive question, has it been established that the 250hp Turbo option will be available with an automatic transmission. I have seen many holdouts for this setup but don't know if it has been established as definitely being available in combination. I've seen speculation, but can't find a source with any authority. Is there one? Is it a forgone conclusion? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts