Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy from work ( a certified technician in electrical ) installed the WR over the weekend. I thought I would document it and give pointers to all of you.

Start

After figuring out the center for the LED strip, we decided to pull apart the crimped wires that were only 1" from the edge of the LED strip. This was done elsewhere to give more length to the wire, but we decided to solder it so there would be no issue in the future.

Soldered and shrink wrapped:

After placing the "ghost" controler in the rear waterfall, we used a hole in the upper left corner of the cubby to run the wire for the controller and wired the LED the way the instructions stated, through the hole for the trim piece by the passenger's head, tucking the wire under all trim pieces from the LED strip

The hold in the upper left corner of the cubby on the rear waterfall

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had to unstrip the harness to get to the wires. There will be 3 brown wires, 2 are the same color brown, the other is darker, you will want the darker one.

DO NOT use the trim piece bolt here as your ground! We did and it didn't work!!! You can see, again everything is soldered.
We grounded it to the bolt on the left of the picture to the Sirius box.

I will post pics tomorrow night of the finished product. I LOVE IT!!! Instructions were good, I'm just posting this to show everyone how we did it. Great job Wind Restrictor!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great write up. I plan on installing a Windrestrictor which will be dark until the brake pedal is used, then the light will come on in conjunction with my brake lights. Can anyone tell me where to locate the correct wire for this type of instillation? Thanks, most definitely car repair and modification challenged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts