Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too shabby for a 21 year old driver. Full coverage on the Sol and plpd on my 99 Grand Am SE.

$288 a month, $333 to start coverage. This is in Metro-Detroit. No points, nor accidents on the record. That's through AAA.

Everywhere else wanted at least $400 for full coverage on the Sol and plpd on my Grand Am.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Josh said:
Figures, I'm stupid and made that topic too. Jeeze please disregard this.
Not at all ... I think we have ran out of topics ;) It is a valid topic with all of the Sols hitting the streets. It probably would be good to see how much people are actually paying, because you might save some money.

I paid almost $200 a month waaaay back in 1986 on my first vehicle. I sure wish that we had the Internet then. ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Um... isn't that a bit high? I'm paying $177 a month for full coverage on the sol, and liability on two other. $500 deductable. I'm 25 with a clean record.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Sounds high, but I bet insurance is not too cheap for 21 year olds or less. Most on the other thread were in the 200s. ouch! Mine ... when I was getting a Sol, was quoted at $63/month. For once, I was happy to be 34! ;) :lol:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Sounds high, but I bet insurance is not too cheap for 21 year olds or less. Most on the other thread were in the 200s. ouch! Mine ... when I was getting a Sol, was quoted at $63/month. For once, I was happy to be 34! ;) :lol:
At 42 my rate was around $46 per month. This is the fifth car with a $500 deductible.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
Um... isn't that a bit high? I'm paying $177 a month for full coverage on the sol, and liability on two other. $500 deductable. I'm 25 with a clean record.
Not here in Metro-Detroit - for an 18-yr old, that quote strikes me as a pretty good deal. :brentil:

When I lived in Roanoke, VA - my insurance rates were less than half :eek: what i paid in Michigan (and I live in one of the suburbs with relatively good/low theft rates).

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
MAKsys said:
Not here in Metro-Detroit - for an 18-yr old, that quote strikes me as a pretty good deal. :brentil:

When I lived in Roanoke, VA - my insurance rates were less than half :eek: what i paid in Michigan (and I live in one of the suburbs with relatively good/low theft rates).
Yeah, insurance rates vary greatly form state to state. Its a good idea to post what state you live in when talking about insurance rates. I'm in NJ, which has some pretty high rates compared to the rest of the country. I was given an estimate of $900 a year for the Solstice. Pretty good in comparison to most other insurance companies in NJ.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
Yeah, insurance rates vary greatly form state to state. Its a good idea to post what state you live in when talking about insurance rates. I'm in NJ, which has some pretty high rates compared to the rest of the country. I was given an estimate of $900 a year for the Solstice. Pretty good in comparison to most other insurance companies in NJ.
Probably a close estimate. Mine fell somewhere in $700-800 year range I think (I'll have to look it up). Part time "pleasure use" vehicle (not primary driver).

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm going to cry.

I don't know what my insurance rate is going to be. I'm 19, and I consider myself a VERY safe and in control driver who scoffs at anyone who is a crappy driver...

... but I do have a single ticket (60 in a 50 on a country road. dumb) and last week I was stopped at a stoplight... and a car hit another car which rear-ended me.

Basically, being 19, a male, and having that ticket is going to do something, but I AM in Indiana... and I don't really know what our insurance rates are like, since I don't pay mine YET.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
GO_DRVN said:
At 42 my rate was around $46 per month. This is the fifth car with a $500 deductible.
My $65 rate was based on a 34 yo male, daily driver, great credit score, no tickets or wrecks in over 5 years, and a $100 deductible. ;)

PS Around here we "Drive em like we stole em!"​

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
My $65 rate was based on a 34 yo male, daily driver, great credit score, no tickets or wrecks in over 5 years, and a $100 deductible. ;)

PS Around here we "Drive em like we stole em!"​
How can you get rates like that in Iraq? I've seen what those IED's do! :D

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Editguy said:
How can you get rates like that in Iraq? I've seen what those IED's do! :D
They won't allow me to drive over here. ;) I fly on Blackhawks to just about all of my briefings/assignments and get 2 miles per 1.5L water, while walking. ;) :lol:

I better lock in my USA rate as as soon as I return, because driving my 'Burb after 8 months will be dangerous (for others in my path!) ;)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
They won't allow me to drive over here. ;) I fly on Blackhawks to just about all of my briefings/assignments and get 2 miles per 1.5L water, while walking. ;) :lol:

I better lock in my USA rate as as soon as I return, because driving my 'Burb after 8 months will be dangerous (for others in my path!) ;)
:lol: That's funny. I had a friend there a year and a half ago as part of a transportation company driving fuel trucks to the airport in Bagdad. I don't know where they were coming from, but in those trucks it took them about 11 hours. His truck was hit by an IED which just barely missed him and his partner. He's back home driving a motorcycle now and feels much safer. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Josh said:
Not too shabby for a 21 year old driver. Full coverage on the Sol and plpd on my 99 Grand Am SE.

$288 a month, $333 to start coverage. This is in Metro-Detroit. No points, nor accidents on the record. That's through AAA.

Everywhere else wanted at least $400 for full coverage on the Sol and plpd on my Grand Am.
Josh, how's your car? Get it yet? What's your VIN?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
solsticeman said:
Josh, how's your car? Get it yet? What's your VIN?
Man, I know it's off topic, but DUDE! I love your new Avatar!! Alex Ross is one of the top comic book artists/painters in the business. Nice! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts