Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My lucky day....I hope (Your opinions please)

I just got off the phone with a local dealer who says that someone is walking away from the delivery of a Solstice with a/c, leather (Premium Pkg) and that he'll let me have it for $23,954 guaranteed. (It is scheduled to arrive in 2 weeks). He says that if I don't like the car when it arrives he'll refund my reservation fee of $500 (he later lowered this figure to $250). Does this sound too good to be true (will I be jerked around and have problems at a late date), or is this the way these dealers are selling this car?

What are your opinions? Is this price fair?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
andrew g said:
I just got off the phone with a local dealer who says that someone is walking away from the delivery of a Solstice with a/c, leather (Premium Pkg) and that he'll let me have it for $23,954 guaranteed. (It is scheduled to arrive in 2 weeks). He says that if I don't like the car when it arrives he'll refund my reservation fee of $500 (he later lowered this figure to $250). Does this sound too good to be true (will I be jerked around and have problems at a late date), or is this the way these dealers are selling this car?

Andrew, it sounds GREAT - like it should be. But it would be even better if you could get it in writing!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm heading down to the dealer in about 30 min and hopefully I'll get the whole thing in writing. Is there anything on this forum that gives a good example of a contract?

Thanks for responding SolsticeEnjoying.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sounds great. He may not have many people wanting one now with winter setting in. Grab it and run if its close to the model you want.

Dealers have standard sales contract

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
andrew g said:

go quickly....hope it works out for you....waiting for delivery to the dealer now!!!

·
2,574 Posts
andrew g said:
I'm heading down to the dealer in about 30 min and hopefully I'll get the whole thing in writing. Is there anything on this forum that gives a good example of a contract?

Thanks for responding SolsticeEnjoying.
If it's coming in two weeks he should be able to offer you a vin. no. Get the vin. no. and tell the dealer that you're giving it to your insurance guy and your lender. If he has any second thoughts you will have probably discouraged him once you've confirmed having done that. Just an idea, but in any case he should have the vin. available. :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
birdliver said:
If it's coming in two weeks he should be able to offer you a vin. no. Get the vin. no. and tell the dealer that you're giving it to your insurance guy and your lender. If he has any second thoughts you will have probably discouraged him once you've confirmed having done that. Just an idea, but in any case he should have the vin. available. :)
Great idea!! You should definitely do this!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Follow-up:
Seems this dealer is playing the "Low-ball" game. It sounded too good to be true from the begining. (Right color, right price, good availability, original buyer backing out, etc).
By the time I got to the dealer the price had changed and the guarantee regarding my reservation fee had been revised. He said he was wrong and spoke too quickly about the price. Seems he was only a "few thousand" off. His boss was greedy and wanted several thousands over MSRP. I told him to keep it. I'm not too discouraged as I live by the moto, hope for the best, expect the worst. Summer is a long way off.

Thanks to everyone here for your great suggestions. Will keep you informed regarding my purchase. :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
Jerk dealer if you ask me.

Trux

·
Registered
895 Posts
andrew g said:
Follow-up:
Seems this dealer is playing the "Low-ball" game. It sounded too good to be true from the begining. (Right color, right price, good availability, original buyer backing out, etc).
By the time I got to the dealer the price had changed and the guarantee regarding my reservation fee had been revised. He said he was wrong and spoke too quickly about the price. Seems he was only a "few thousand" off. His boss was greedy and wanted several thousands over MSRP. I told him to keep it. I'm not too discouraged as I live by the moto, hope for the best, expect the worst. Summer is a long way off.

Thanks to everyone here for your great suggestions. Will keep you informed regarding my purchase. :(
I am so bummed for you andrew. I remember your first post and how a lot of us, (me) were talking out of frustration and laughing a little because you thought you could just walk into a dealer and buy one off the showroom floor. I was saying, if you did find someone, they would surely mark it way up.
Then you got some good advise from some nicer people than me on the forum that told you to call around and you might get lucky. Reading the first thread in this post, I was like , "way to go dude, you proved me wrong".

I am so sorry that dealer pulled a fast one on you. Keep the faith!!! Keep calling around. Call that dealer back in a few weeks if the car is still around and offer him the MSRP again. He might be sitting on that car for a while this winter paying holding costs.
GOOD LUCK!!! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bad Dealer

Sounds like this guy might qualify for the 'Bad Dealer List' somebody started somewhere on this Forum. My salesman led me to believe I could get my car at GMS pricing but 7 months later forgot I was a GM Family member and said they couldn't do it now, other than that I was just glad to get the car and the rest of my business with them has been very good so far.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Tigerman said:
Sounds like this guy might qualify for the 'Bad Dealer List' somebody started somewhere on this Forum. My salesman led me to believe I could get my car at GMS pricing but 7 months later forgot I was a GM Family member and said they couldn't do it now, other than that I was just glad to get the car and the rest of my business with them has been very good so far.
:agree:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As a follow-up to "Tigerman's" suggestion, here is that dealer's info to be added to the 'Bad Dealer List' that someone started on this Forum:

PREMIUM BUICK - PONTIAC - GMC LTD
77 Main Street
New Rochelle, New York 10801

They're game = Low-ball the customer and then try to rip them off. :cuss:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts