Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,
I picked up my Solstice today! Here are some pictures. It's a 2006 with 24k miles on it. :willy:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice find, I see it has a CAI , any other modifications? I also have a 06 NA dark blue metallic with a manual transmission. Order mine with the same two tone interior. You will find a lot of information about your car on this forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope just a CAI which was a pretty cool find. The front cup holder is broke but, who would even use that anyway? lol

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
slim - if you have the parts to the cupholder, it's pretty easy to put back together.

Nice looking ride! (but it looks like somebody put a big piece of black tape over your license plate. You might want to take care of that before you get pulled over.) :lol:

Enjoy it. Now all the members here will do our best to get you to spend money on it. But not TOO much money. ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Congrats slimdiggie. That looks awesome. I love the two tone interior. The whole package looks classy. Get a satin smoking jacket and a meerschaum pipe!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@chickenwire That black tape was free lol. So I put 93 in it and the book says you need to do this or you will hear knocking? Is that a true? The old owner was running synthetic oil as well which that oil change cost me about 70.00 today :\ . Any other house keeping tips?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Sweet ride!!! Congrats!! Welcome to the medical condition we all have around here called permagrin! ;) One first word of advice, NEVER push on the 2 humps to close the trunk!!!! I did the 2nd day I had mine and put a dimple in it... :(

·
Registered
199 Posts
Slim- my owners manual said I can run regular grade gas, but recommended premium grade gas. I have always put premium gas in it since I bought it. Change over to full synthetic after 6000 miles. Car has 28000 on it now. Also, be very careful on wet roads if you still have the stock tires. Change mine out after 20000 miles, didn't like getting caught in the rain with the stock tires.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Beautiful car with low miles. Looks like new. Congrats!

You can run regular gas in it but for best performance you will need to go with the high octane from a "top tier" gas station.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the new ride! :thumbs:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Damn bro, looks so good. I have a red solstice and I love it, but, sometimes I ponder about how much I love the looks of silvers and grays. They really bring out the lines in the car and make it look really aggresive (No pun intended, lol)
P.s. I love that interior, such great colors and design.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Here's a tip. Roadkill bigger than a squirrel should not be straddled. The underside of your car will begin to stink.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Here's a tip. Roadkill bigger than a squirrel should not be straddled. The underside of your car will begin to stink.
You got a 4x4 Solstice chicken??? LOL... Don't you mean a dead mouse??? I just ran over some wood debris the other day and banged it along the bottom of my car! Then on our cruise later, there was a dead woodchuck, we all went around it....LOL...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on getting a beautiful car. I have an 06 also, same color as yours inside/out. I have a few small mods on mine(see below), but otherwise same as yours. Good luck and hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the new ride.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Awesome. I really loke that color too. enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts