Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since no one makes arm rest pads for our cars anymore, I had the local Street Rod upholstery guy make these up. They are closely matched in color to the dark gray of the seats. Attached to door with velcro. The soft side of the velcro is on the door panel so that if I have to take them off, I won't scuff my delicate elbow. Only $64 for the pair. What a big difference in comfort these things make! I eventually would like to paint/dye the light grey panels to match the darker leather. He is currently working on a '36 Ford...best looking Ford ever made, in my humble opinion. Only five thousand of these cars were made. Wonder how many survive besides this one?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Nice pads Riggs. I got mine from JPM back at the the 2010 Nationals in Canton. Would not want to be without them.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That's a good idea. Hell there might even be some generic aftermarket pads available for those that don't have "the hook-up"

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Pads look great! Never really thought about them before but there seems to be just "something" a touch off as far as comfort. I'll have to pay closer attention next time we're logging some longer miles.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
they look very similar to the Carolina Custom pads that used to be available...

Reactions: WickedMike

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
So is your guy willing to take order from the rest of us?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
While we were running out to the Rattlesnake Saloon a couple of weeks ago, my left elbow thought I had tossed it into a clothes dryer. Which led me to check the forum for other insights..... which led to finding out that Carolina Customs and JPM Coachworks are out of business. Ugh. Anyone have any knowledge of current sources for smallish pads that can ride on the left armrest and save an elbow on a longer trip?

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
I have these in both my Solstices. Originally bought a set from Carolina Customs in 2098 ( now out of business. Had some made by local auto upholstery shop for my coupe. They really make a difference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
my concern is IF you have to remove any of these pads (whether it is attached with 2-sided tape or velcro), how has the adhesive affected the door panel?

Bill

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Well, from what I see on eBay, there seems to be an ample supply of carcasses around right now. If the residue becomes a problem, I would suppose it would either be a matter of picking up a new door panel or getting the interior redone completely. Of course, that would also mean beefing up the seat padding for my boney behind, and coming up with some REALLY COOL leather. Maybe bison?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts