Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can find the pictures here: My New Armrest and Storage Console - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

My new armrest and storage console are just about finished. I have them in the car and am going to live with them for a while while I sort out the last of the details.

The shell is 0.093" ABS, and is as close to the profile of the original as I could make it, with the exception of the hand recess under the brake lever. I had to minimize that to make any usable storage space. It seems to be adequate, although it might be a bit tight with heavy gloves or with really big hands.

There is 0.07" of EVA foam padding under the Longitude vinyl covering, which is supposed to be GM's new synthetic leather. It matches the interior pretty well, but is slightly different from the seats. The padding is just enough to give it a nice feel without being squishy. I may try one with a bit more padding later, but for now I rather like it the way it is.

The tray is 0.050" ABS, shaped to maximize the storage space. The lining is a leftover piece of vinyl, and is only there until I decide what I want to use permanently.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I like the way you are headed, please keep updating.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hubert: I like the way you are headed, please keep updating.
Hubert: I like the way you are headed, please keep updating.
Thanks. I will.
The tray is about an inch deep. Redesigning the handbrake will let me add about a half inch to that, and will almost triple the length.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
That looks great....:cool: :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts