Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

My Deep blue beauty has shipped and is expected by the weekend! Here is my timeline:Order and deposit on 5-3-05, Dealer order 6-24-05, Available to be scheduled 6-29-05, Scheduled 8-29-05, sequenced/broadcast 9-7-05, labels generated 9-13-05, Produced 9-14-05, Released to the carrier 9-19-05.

VIN#1G2MB33B96Y101353

Deep, Steel/Sand, Power locks, windows, mirrors, Keyless entry, Carpeted floormats, Air, Limited slip differential, Anti-lock brakes, Cruise control, Leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel with CC/DIC controls, Monsoon 6 disk in-dash CD changer, and Fog lamps.

No XM, No Smoker's package (Bleah!)

My insurance agent quoted me $570/6 months. He said when I tuck it in for the winter, we can change the coverage for a cost reduction. What have you guys been quoted??

·
Registered
556 Posts
SolSister, congrats! :) your car is exactly what I ordered for the wife. Just got a quote last week from State Farm for her as primary, no work commute status: $423/6mo. We're in Dallas county. We're patiently waiting the call from the dealer that it's been released to production. They still haven't received their first 1K car. They got three 1K's and their next allocation was 7, we were supposed to be 4th in line.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i got a quote for $310 per month. $423/6mon would be sweet.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Jester, is that $310/mo Canadian? Our big saving is she doesn't work, so it's classified as a "leisure" vehicle. And, we have discounts for 4 cars (2 kids in college) and homeowners.

If you're under 25, that's probably the biggest difference. It's incredible the risk premium under 25 males pay although they deserve it most cases!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
jester316 said:
HOLY CRAP that's expensive? How old are you?

I mean, sure that's like $250 US a month... but that's still almost $3000 a year.

·
Registered
245 Posts
yes this is in canadian. yes this is expensive. :brentil: i am now 26, very frustrated that it is SOOOO much... but i was paying $426/month on a '93 vw passat. THAT WAS EXPENSIVE!!! i am still searching around.

·
Registered
245 Posts
jrdallas said:
Jester, is that $310/mo Canadian? Our big saving is she doesn't work, so it's classified as a "leisure" vehicle. And, we have discounts for 4 cars (2 kids in college) and homeowners.

If you're under 25, that's probably the biggest difference. It's incredible the risk premium under 25 males pay although they deserve it most cases!
yeah you are right. people under 25 do probably deserve it more... but i truely am a good driver. i STOP when i have to ,i obey traffic laws, i respect other drivers, ijust don't get it. YES i speed. who doesn't. they just still have it out for all young drivers.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
jester316 said:
I got 290/mo with ING Direct. Give them a call, I'm 23 so you'd probably get a better rate then that!

Sometimes going through a Broker helps. Not only do they find you the best rate but they know how to manipulate the forms to be able to get you an even better rate.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SolSister said:
Hi Gang,

My Deep blue beauty has shipped and is expected by the weekend! Here is my timeline:Order and deposit on 5-3-05, Dealer order 6-24-05, Available to be scheduled 6-29-05, Scheduled 8-29-05, sequenced/broadcast 9-7-05, labels generated 9-13-05, Produced 9-14-05, Released to the carrier 9-19-05.

VIN#1G2MB33B96Y101353

Deep, Steel/Sand, Power locks, windows, mirrors, Keyless entry, Carpeted floormats, Air, Limited slip differential, Anti-lock brakes, Cruise control, Leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel with CC/DIC controls, Monsoon 6 disk in-dash CD changer, and Fog lamps.

My insurance agent quoted me $570/6 months. He said when I tuck it in for the winter, we can change the coverage for a cost reduction. What have you guys been quoted??
Oh, sweet! I'm 1337 and it was built on 9/14 as well! I wasn't going to call my dealer until Friday to get an update. I didn't think it would be ready to ship for another week or so! I'm going to call tomorrow!!!! WOW! I'll let you know! congrats! my car is deep with ebony leather...everything including CD/MP3 player, XM....everything except onstar and smokers pacakge!

·
Registered
137 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
Oh, sweet! I'm 1337 and it was built on 9/14 as well! I wasn't going to call my dealer until Friday to get an update. I didn't think it would be ready to ship for another week or so! I'm going to call tomorrow!!!! WOW! I'll let you know! congrats! my car is deep with ebony leather...everything including CD/MP3 player, XM....everything except onstar and smokers pacakge!
I'm 1135 so I better check on mine as well!

Congrats :cool:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Sure - they aren't color-batching post 1K

Mine is deep as well. 101409, built on/about 14 Sep (MAYBE on the 15th).
What was that about no color-batching after the first 1K orders are done? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
My dealer has no idea what is going on with my car as of right now. I made an order and put down a deposit on 4/20, so I can assume it will be coming soon since cars ordered later are being filled?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SolSister said:
Hi Gang,

VIN#1G2MB33B96Y101353

Don't count on it being there Friday I think your dealer is confusing availabe to ship with shipped. I was told the zz,fm,and some first allocations aren't going out untill October, but check back at the last few days of Sept. in case they go out a little early. They have to ship the first 1000
first what few of them are left.

·
Registered
504 Posts
deluke said:
Don't count on it being there Friday I think your dealer is confusing availabe to ship with shipped. I was told the zz,fm,and some first allocations aren't going out untill October, but check back at the last few days of Sept. in case they go out a little early. They have to ship the first 1000
first what few of them are left.[/QUOTE

When a non-1/1000 gets there before a 1/1000 you better get ready for :cuss: :rant: :cuss:
and you can take that to the bank. :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Why oh why is Ohio getting so many? I ordered mine the same day. Not a chance I'll see it 'til next year the dealer says.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
SATCH said:
When a non-1/1000 gets there before a 1/1000 you better get ready for :cuss: :rant: :cuss:
Of course. That seems inevitible. Be prepared to hear things like "they aren't breaking any promises. The first 1,000 were the first 1,000 built for retail sale just as promised. There was never any mention of them necessarily being the first 1,000 delivered." Or something of that nature.

It's kind of like when there was all sorts of :cuss: :rant: :cuss: on A-day (15 April, 2005 - a day that will go down in infamy) from those of us who didn't make the cut. We all got to read things like "It doesn't matter if you have had a deposit down for months or years, that's not how the system was set up to work. The server dealt you a bad hand... tough."

Yeah, you'll read something like that in response to the rants. But go ahead and rant, and cry on our shoulders. You'll find that most members here will still feel for you. :cool:

Edit: Not necessarily directed at you, SATCH. I know are in both camps (you had your deposit down well before the EOP scam was devised/announced). After re-reading this, it almost sounds like a flame.

The forum will be a shoulder to cry on if/when some of the remaining first 1K customers are still in limbo when regular allocation deliveries start popping up.

·
Registered
511 Posts
:agree:
SATCH said:
deluke said:
first what few of them are left.[/QUOTE

:agree: Im a ZZ And my number is 101071 And I don't think I will see mine till end of OCT

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SolSister said:
Hi Gang,

VIN#1G2MB33B96Y101353

Sweet, as of last friday mine was produced but not released for carrier yet. VIN 101086. Since your VIN is higher then mine I'm hoping mines released to carrier now too. :cheers:

I got quoted $420 every 6 months for my insurnace.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts