Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm proud to say i just bought my first solstice GXP 5 speed manual. I have read through a lot of the forum and i was wondering if there was anything that i should do when i first get my solstice. I should be getting it next week, its being shipped to me, its a 2008 GXP with 71k miles on it. I'm getting it from a dealership and therefore its getting certified. I'm going to vinyl wrap it(I'm vinyl wrapping for two reasons its cheaper than a full paint job and i get bored with the color of my vehicle easily) and tint out the windows. but i was curious if there was something I'm over looking that i should also do when i get it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Welcome, 1st find some local owners and go on some rides. There is a number of things you can do, all depends on what you like. Stock, Show or more Go or all of the above.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
please post pictures of the wrapping !

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, by the time the car comes in and the wrapping is done it will probably be 3 weeks from now, i but i will definitely post some pix when its all done.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Do some reading in the GXP sections as there are many things that need to be checked, depending on how particular you are.

Otherwise, just enjoy the car, most of the cars out there are pretty much care free at this point. Most of what you read here are really complaints about a minority of the cars.

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll deff. check those things out. and it is still under warranty, because i got it certified (year and some power train warranty and 12 months 12,000 mile bumper to bumper plus more) so if there are any problems i should be covered.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And i will most certainly post some new pix of the car when it is all wrapped, it will most likely be close to three weeks before i will be able to post new pix.

·
Registered
433 Posts
And i will most certainly post some new pix of the car when it is all wrapped, it will most likely be close to three weeks before i will be able to post new pix.
Congrats on your purchase! If you would like a build-sheet or have other such concers/questions, send us a PM with your VIN#. I hope you enjoy for many years to come!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

Pontiac Owner Center
Pontiac Owner Resources and Information | Pontiac

·
Registered
848 Posts
Will you have the history of maintenance seeing as it has 71k on it? I'd pop the hood and see if any performance goodies have been installed. Our coupe was sold to us with ALL the goodies mentioned in my signature, never mentioning 1 of them and asking for more $$$. I found all this once it was purchased.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you Matt, i will keep that in mind. i will deff. have to look under the hood and see if there are any extra goodies in there. i do have a history report. and now after a little research i think i found the nav. system I'm going to put in it (SWE-P7031). if anyone knows anything about it. please let me know. i've seen a little on the forum about it but i've yet to read a review from someone who has put one in.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What are you wrapping it as? I was thinking of doing this also using autobots as my background.

Or a wrap like this $800

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
kakman - congrats on the purchase. (I'm up the road a bit in Plainwell.)

I'd do an oil and filter change first off, regardless of what the DIC says is left on the oil life. I'm always skeptical about whether it was done and the life re-set properly, how long it's been sitting, etc. Obviously I'd do a "once over" looking closely for anything loose or leaking. I have a 2.4 N/A so I can't speak to the specifics but such things as the hose being cut as the guys mentioned above and other things you'll see in this section of the forum.

It's a fun ride, that's for damn sure!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shadowsonic- I'm thinking a straight color like high gloss black or pearl white. I'm not really into designs. sometimes simple is better, but that doesn't mean that your idea doesn't look sweet.

chickenwire- its nice to know that there a a few of a us in the area. I can agree with you on the oil life. i will give it a good once over, but, i don't think i have to worry to much because they have to certify it first and all of that stuff has to be i great working order. not a bad idea to keep in mind though.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! If you would like a build-sheet or have other such concers/questions, send us a PM with your VIN#. I hope you enjoy for many years to come!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

Pontiac Owner Center
Pontiac Owner Resources and Information | Pontiac
WOW!!! I was told that GM couldn't get that for me. I was told I would have to go through some other company and pay them $69 for it and then send the build sheet to another company and pay another $69 to have them produce a replica window sticker! :brentil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts