Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of my new project car. When I'm done, it will be a mini replica of my actual car:

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's sweet Rob.... I tried to get one with charcoal interior like mine, but I wasn't paying $44 for something I'm going to tear apart and paint! I am going to put dual exhaust on it, just like mine, the only thing it won't have will be the 2.0L... :(

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
That's sweet Rob.... I tried to get one with charcoal interior like mine, but I wasn't paying $44 for something I'm going to tear apart and paint! I am going to put dual exhaust on it, just like mine, the only thing it won't have will be the 2.0L... :(
Nice, can't wait to see it

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just do a search on ebay for "diecast solstice"

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
cool. On the C3 forum there was a guy that mostly made Opel GT models but he did make several C3 Corvette models that lookes incredible. He lives in the Ntherlands and says that the Solstice IS the Opel GT over there. This guy is awesome and made his own molds and carved it out of some sort of plaster. I wish I had that kind of time and skill but would be better off getting the diecast model of the 06 and calling it done:)

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have his contact information, I would like it. Im looking for a 1/24 scale resin model to build a drag slot car out of....

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I bought a model of my 2007 Sol back in 2008. The only difference is my model has camel colored interior and my real baby has charcoal interior. I only paid $9 for my model.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't touch the green ones!!!! I've seen them going for $100+ on ebay! Same with the yellow ones. The orange and grey ones though are still relatively inexpensive..... (1:18 scale of course)

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
someone stole your tires Rob! and the stuff that connects to them! You don't have to tell me about expense. I dumped about 6 grand into the Vette in the 3 years I had it not to mention what my labor is worth. I half ass kept a tab and it's about 175 hours. If I can do the same to the Sol, which I indend to, I'll have a decent ride.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Here is a pic of my new project car. When I'm done, it will be a mini replica of my actual car:

LMAO--- it has the EXACT same fit and finish as an actual Solstice... not sure if that's a good thing!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Theo's car is too big....its 1/10 scale which would make it about 15" long. Im looking for something smaller.... 1/24 scale in plastic. I cant run metal at my local slot car drag track. So I guees im gonna have to do my 1/18..... unless you want to share your supplier rob....

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Rob, where did you get your car from?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts