Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Flew to El Paso and drove my little red rocket home last week! Long enough to be a sweet little road trip... but not too long to be boring. My girl and I enjoyed every minute of the road home!

I'd like to post a picture or two.. Not sure how. Tips anyone? thanks
SteveO

I'm going to do a little edit job here to paste in those pictures.
Thanks for the tips and links everyone, and the welcomes. This place is really awesome.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
welcome

the forum is indeed slower these days ......but that will give you time to browse the ''search'' library for pearls of wisdom.....
postin pics can be a challenge ....i've used flickr in the past .....tho its always a new experience since i don't do it often enuff to remember

CONGRATS & welcome aboard ......:grouphug:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

I've made that trip before. But I started from South of Houston so I had the drive across TX as well (half the trip is TX). Best thing is there's little traffic other than when you go through Phoenix and Tucson.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Flew to El Paso and drove my little red rocket home last week! Long enough to be a sweet little road trip... but not too long to be boring. My girl and I enjoyed every minute of the road home!

I'd like to post a picture or two.. Not sure how. Tips anyone? thanks
SteveO

I'm going to do a little edit job here to paste in those pictures.
Thanks for the tips and links everyone, and the welcomes. This place is really awesome.

Congrats! I have the exact same color coupe! Be prepared for lots of comments, stares, and a mile wide perma grin.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Where in LA are you? My wife is from Northridge, and we were thinking about a trip down this summer. Definitely hit up C&C in Irvine, and maybe Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills too.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
A ride in the Sol never becomes boring - I guarantee it!!!! In fact, I find that I don't want to stop for anything except to fill the tank. :driving:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
That is a nice coupe!!!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nice... now, first things first, lose the buck tooth up front :D I hope to see you out here as I've never seen a coupe here in SoCal, least not down here in the OC.

·
Registered
156 Posts
hmmmmm . . . . never thought of the badge as a buck tooth! I kinda like that buck tooth!!
The buck tooth is the license plate. I'm in Southern California and in over three years no problems driving around without that ugly front plate.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
lol - that was the first thing I thought also - get rid of the front plate (if you can legally do so.)

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
Nice ride. punisher started love that same color.

I modified my license plate so it can be inserted into the grille openings when required but it rides in the trunk most of the time

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
In Maryland you have to display a front Tag ,so I keep it where I can see it when I need to In the Trunk . I had a hide-a-way but unless it is Powered it sucks . Just remove it and if stopped ( It got knocked off and have to get new holder)most of the time they let you go. Another way Let somebody Air Brush one on the Corner of Fascia.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the comments... Every stop we made heading home, and I'm not kidding, people came up to say "Wow great car" ...or "what is that? cool car" Our 800 mile trip was a pleasure and just a taste of whats to come.

I've never seen a coupe in LA... Been here only 2 years though. Moved here from Minneapolis in 2011.

@LiquidPT; We live just south of Pasadena in Alhambra. Maybe we'll see you sometime?

@Northern Sol; I love your little luggage rack! Classy. The black looks great on the yellow!

I removed the "bucktooth" ! =^) ... soon as I got her back! lol... thx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts