Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all you Solstice Lovers out there!

I've been looking for a toy to play with for awhile ever since I sold my 2018 Dodge Challenger RT last Fall.
I'm from Detroit originally and cars are in my blood and I like anything with a motor really.

I came across this 2007 5 speed manual 2.4 Solstice about a month ago at a local Chevy dealer here In Gaffney South Carolina.
It's in REAL good condition with just 51,000 miles on it.
Interior is perfect and everything seems to work.....only flaw I can find is some chips in the paint on the front end probably from highway driving but it does have 51,000 on her so that can be expected.....touch up paint here I come!
Top is like new also and it's obvious this was a garage kept vehicle and well loved.
Previous owner put in a drop in K&N and chrome front grill and painted the brake calipers.
All the window and door seals are like new.

I've admired the Ponchos lines ever since it came out in 2006 but never owned one.
I drove one before with over 100,000 miles at a car dealer I worked for in Southern California and I wasn't impressed with the ride, was extremely harsh but it must have needed some suspension work as this one rides MUCH smoother with half the miles.

I was going to hold off for a 2.0 Turbo but after doing some 4 and 5,000 RPM shifts the 2.4 is no Challenger RT but it moves pretty darn good!
So....for long trips I think i'll like the added benefit of about 32 or 33 MPG that I've been seeing on the highway and the slightly more reliability of a Non-Turbo motor might come in handy!
Man this car is a BLAST to drive!!!! Handles Excellent and does it ever get the Looks!! (Must be the RED) :D
Turning radius on this car is amazing!!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pontiac solstice Sports car

Anyway.....I plan on going to as many car shows especially Pontiac shows as I can find time for......here's a few pics!

Feel free to chime in with any info on Carolina car shows you folks are familiar with as I'm new to the area.

Thanks!
Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Congrats, CS - nice looking ride.

Keeping the revs above 3,900 keeps the 2.4 at it's peak torque and, if you drive it right, it moves just fine. The GXP however is definitely above the 2.4 in terms of "get up and go". Still a fun ride as you've found out. When your butt is on the rear axle and with the short wheel base, these cars are indeed a lot of fun to drive.

The 2.0 actually has better highway mileage than the 2.4 because, well, lower displacement at steady speeds = less fuel consumption. If you're getting on it, the turbo by laws of physics will suck down more fuel. My '07 2.4 gets around 23 in mixed driving if I'm getting on it. 26 if I'm light on the lead foot. I get maybe 30 on the highway at posted speed limit, less if pushing it above 70 mph.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pontiac Solstice, 2.4L base model.
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jerry and agree with you how fun of a ride these cars can give. By the way... I like the color. ;)

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
That is a nice ride and the perfect color! :cool:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys folks (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts