Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new toy yesterday and was playing around with it today. I got a bluetooth OBDII interface...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I got a new toy yesterday and was playing around with it today. I got a bluetooth OBDII interface...

Ghost that looks cool. What ap is that?
Off subject a bit:
Hey I know you were giving advice on posting pics on another thread...(no I'm not pickin on you pun intended) but many people don't know that when you use photobucket they changed the settings for everyone so that the link does not enlarge just the picture it opens another window (like browser, safari, or second window of this AP etc.) and brings everyone to your picture on your photo library book. Hence if you have unrelated pics of a drunk uncle I can scroll through them if they are posted as open. Very annoying. You have to change your account settings (info out on the web) or look at what you post you will notice there is a URL. That brings you directly to their site so they can spam us with ads or auto play videos.
Here's a post of mine that explains it and how to fix it:
---------
Not exactly,

Let me try something with your pic a second. ..

Ok notice how if you click mine you don't get transported to the stupid photobucket site? That's how you do it so it displays correctly. I looked at your link and it actually has both the URL and the IMG link and favors the URL so it whisks you away. I don't know how you got that. What you need is just the IMG link. As you paste make sure it just starts and ends with IMG. If you were on the forum reply and selecting the "Advanced options, URL link" that could be adding to the confusion. If you already have the IMG copied in your clipboard you never need to use the advanced options to link it. Just paste it within your message.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

EDIT 2
This is not your fault by the way. I just found out that what Photobucket says is a direct link to your pic it actually includes URL codes. This is different from the short video posted above. I'm not sure when they changed it but it answers a question for me in that many long time posters have the link that whisks you away to the browser and sometimes their next pic is not "in order". The reason why seems obvious to me, you go to their site, accidentally click on their ads and voila revenue for them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

--------------

Trying yours now using the DIRECT tag in your photo book:

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o762/yellowraregt/obdIIscreenshot_zpsf025b339.png

Yep that works better.

Or cut this off the end of your other tag: [/URL][/quote]

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like toys!! Let me play Ghost, LET ME PLAY!

But really, is this device worth the $10 you put into it? Are you satisfied with your purchase so far, if so how long do these devices usually last?

Yes, I am. I wanted to know several things about my car. Furthermore, if I data log certain items with it, I have someone that will finally help me fine tune the tune that I have. Like the cold start issue I experience. This device will last forever as it is a bluetooth plugin device and sends the data to my phone. How do I know this? A buddy of mine has had one for over a year and uses it everyday. Unlike you Mehran, I'm tuned.... I'm very concerned about my A/F mixture snd my exhaust temperatures and until I get a gauge pod, this will sufice.

Godrod, it's the Torque app and found the plug on amazon for $10.

·
Registered
311 Posts
yes, this thing is great. I bought the OBDII adapter and I have profiles set up for for all my cars. All I do is plugin the OBDII device and it streams the data to the phone via Blutooth. You can customize the display and get all kinds of gauges. they have a Christmas tree app also and it can measure your acceleration and reaction time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ghost I have Torque as well saved me a 300.00 repair last month. I do want to warn folks that I bought one of the Chinese clone OBD2's off eBay for 10.00 and it only worked one time. I love Torque so much that I invested in the best one they suggested on their website got it from scantool.net it was on sale for 125.00, well worth the investment.

Here is the thread on it:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f12/camshaft-actuator-solenoid-74665/

The lack of good dials on the coupe always bothered me not a big fan of dummy lights. Have set up a dozen dials and run in Heads Up mode whenever I am driving.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh Ghost... I plan on having my car well tuned by the end of the year, in fact I bet my car will be more appealing than yours by January 1, 2014. :willy:
Mehran, I have a turbo, you have an NA, thus the remark about being tuned. You would get very little out of a tune for your car. I won't even say anymore other then I'm pushing over 310hp... You have a lot to learn. A tune is something you do to your ECM to make the car perform better. It works best on large V8's (like a Corvette, but still just a minimal gain) or a forced induction car like mine where the gains are huge. You may see a gain of 10hp on your NA car with a tune.

As far as appealing, I'm not into challenging anyone.... I've been there, done that, and lost many a time. But also won many a time.

Godrod, thanks for the heads-up on the photobucket, but I knew that already.....why do you think I don't have any pics of my grandfather drinking a beer, or better yet my girlfriend in her bikini?!! ;) I have those on my other account! LOL.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program:

I thought I would post a pic of what I did on a short drive. As you can all see at one point I was sucking in almost 231 g/s air! (I believe that means gallons/sec, correct me if I'm wrong!!) What I didn't like was the 467psi on the fuel rail... That seemed rather low at one point. That was when I was idling at a light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.