Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished up the new wheels, tires and suspension for my project Solstice.

Roderick 20" RW-4 Brushed center w/ Mirror Lip
FRONT: 20x8.5 245/35 (40 offset)
REAR: 20x10 275/30 (45 offset)

B&G Coilover Suspension

Sneak Peak at this weekends project:

Much more to follow...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice! Staggered is the way to go on 20's..quick question did you have to take off the wheel well when you dropped it? i know your on coilovers so you probably adjust, but do you have any problems with rubbing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Staggered is the way to go on 20's..quick question did you have to take off the wheel well when you dropped it? i know your on coilovers so you probably adjust, but do you have any problems with rubbing?
Currently I get a very minor rub on the drivers side read under rare occasions. I'm going to roll on it as is for another week or so and then may possbly raise the rear a few threads after everything settles. If I put it on the lift, I can adjust the rear height without taking the wheels off.

As it is right now, rides and handles great and I'm happy with the agressive fitment.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Sweet looking ride. LOVE the rims!

Sent from my GT-P1000R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you gentlemen... I have the RK Sport kit to install once I finish the vertical doors. Loving it all so far.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Nice!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
193 Posts
these remind me a lot of the old Grand Prix GTP wheels. I like a lot!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Looking good, 3/4 and rear views would be appreciated. I'm still lusting after the big-n-little wheel idea that Franz von Holzhausen used on the original Solstice concept fastback coupe. Guesstimating that Franz went with a two inch wheel difference. Even gone as far as blowing up the Solstice book concept drawing to make sure the rear wheels (not rubber) are taller than the front.

18/20 type set-up would probably be more readily available, but thinking a 19/21 look would be perfect. Problem is 21s style wheels are limited in styles and bolt pattern. Pretty much ruled out a 20/22s look due to hearing/reading/thinking, that 22s give up to much comfort or just aren't practical for a daily driver.

Could go custom, but man, wheels and tires prices are crazy. Not to mention the whole is it a con or a pro to go with wheels/tires that may exceed the value of the car. But one thing Kappa's do have going for them is that they look more expensive than they are.

Next issue would be larger disc & calibers, because the OEM set-up looks puny inside of big wheels & tires. However, there are larger units to address that issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why not make wheels the same size as concepts!? Im looking for VX Lightnings wheels in 19"/20" myself. Jp-GXP, those are very nice wheels. They go very well with the car.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Why not make wheels the same size as concepts!? Im looking for VX Lightnings wheels in 19"/20" myself. Jp-GXP, those are very nice wheels. They go very well with the car.
Mainly because the graphic concept pic appears to use Hot wheel size wheels. But it's the same concept in that by drawing/designing rear wheels bigger than the front wheels it emphasize's the vehicle's overall shape. But the front and rear tires are the same height. Similar to what hotrodders but in a reverse fashion. Instead of using different size wheels they use different size tires (& sidewall) to emphasize the rake.

And when it comes to buying customize wheels my pockets aren't deep enough. :(

·
Registered
272 Posts
just adding to the 20" club lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts