Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the OEM GM Wind Deflector, the so called "flyswatter", but I ended up with a couple of holes in it. :frown2:
So I had to replace it and I bought a wind deflector in Germany, a webshop for Opel GT and Saturn Sky. It's an replacement for the OEM windstopper and fits the original mounts.
I like it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I have the OEM GM Wind Deflector, the so called "flyswapper", but I ended up with a couple of holes in it. :frown2:
So I had to replace it and I bought a wind deflector in Germany, a webshop for Opel GT and Saturn Sky. It's an replacement for the OEM windstopper and fits the original mounts.
I like it!
That is really nice! I am sending you a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Really does look good. I have the two holes for the original swatter.

Also really like the luggage rack.

Any of those available in Europe? I know what you are doing Northern Sol!!!! lol

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really does look good. I have the two holes for the original swatter.

Also really like the luggage rack.

Any of those available in Europe? I know what you are doing Northern Sol!!!! lol

I don't think they are available in Europe. I bought mine in the US; one of the last, I guess.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
I don't think they are available in Europe. I bought mine in the US; one of the last, I guess.

Sorry but your post says otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Yes sir, I was talking about the luggage rack, and I bet you have a PM from Northern Sol asking if they are available. Very hard to find, hoped they had shelves of them over there. Oh well, I tried.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I have ordered one. My flyswatter is fine but I really like the way this looks. Will post pics when I get it. On to the luggage rack. I love mine. It is a drag that OEM accessories are all gone. The luggage rack, tonneau ( I have and love) console bag and trunk organizer bag have all gone the way of the dodo bird.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I had my tonneau thing out today. Still have yet to put it on the car. Maybe someday.

I bought a bunch of parts from a forum member and was putting stuff away. I realize I have collected way too much stuff

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Mine arrived today from Germany. Wow!!!! I love it!!!!! The OEM mounts are the only way you can go unless you are willing to cut it if you have a tonneau.

Attachments

Reactions: Rosscoe and NC-GXP

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
That looks awesome! Does it work as good or better that the one you previously had installed?
The GM one works great. Will report back on this one shortly. Having the tonneau on the cockpit tells all. If it does not rise up at speed you know your wind deflector is working.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Had her out today. All good at 120 km. The info they send with says it has been "tested on German autobahn up to 145 miles". Only complaint is there is no storage bag. I have reached out to a British company "Just Roadster" to see if they will make me one.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, that looks nice on you Solstice.
Now you have a "pièce unique" in the US.

I also have the tonneau cover, but haven't installed it yet.
I also miss the storage bag; Can you keep me in the loop on what Just Roadster can make for you, I might also be interested.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Oh, that looks nice on you Solstice.
Now you have a "pièce unique" in the US.

I also have the tonneau cover, but haven't installed it yet.
I also miss the storage bag; Can you keep me in the loop on what Just Roadster can make for you, I might also be interested.
I will for sure on storage bag. This thing is such a gem I want look after it when not in use. You and I are both very lucky to have a GM tonneau and a luggage rack. They are imposible to find. Thanks again for posting this.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts