Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Oh, that looks nice on you Solstice.
Now you have a "pièce unique" in the US.

I also have the tonneau cover, but haven't installed it yet.
I also miss the storage bag; Can you keep me in the loop on what Just Roadster can make for you, I might also be interested.
No luck on the storage bag with Just Roadster. I will probably go to my local auto upholstery guy and get him to make me one.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Oh, that looks nice on you Solstice.
Now you have a "pièce unique" in the US.

I also have the tonneau cover, but haven't installed it yet.
I also miss the storage bag; Can you keep me in the loop on what Just Roadster can make for you, I might also be interested.
Just wondering.....do leave the wind deflector installed like you do with the GM one when you put the top up? I have and have checked all edges with my fingers and nothing is touching the roof.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for your review

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just wondering.....do leave the wind deflector installed like you do with the GM one when you put the top up? I have and have checked all edges with my fingers and nothing is touching the roof.
Yes, I do leave it installed, even with the top up; also did the check and it doesn't touch anything, so...

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Yes, I do leave it installed, even with the top up; also did the check and it doesn't touch anything, so...
Thank you for confirming. As for storage I am wrapping mine in a towel and then I have a yellow storage bag for a collapsable outdoor chair that I put it in. $10 at Walmart.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Where did you get that luggage rack?. That is the cleanest one I have seen. How does it mount?
I bought mine through my GM dealership a few years ago and had them install it. You drill holes in the trunk lid that the chrome ties go through. They have been discontinued so they are almost impossible to find.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Where did you get that luggage rack?. That is the cleanest one I have seen. How does it mount?
if this is addressed to me : thanks for the compliment !

I bought mine at Tom's Crate Engine Depot, february 2015; they were, at the time, available in black or silver; the silver one is a perfect match with the color of my car! Blends in so nicely that it looks like factory made.

However, as Northern Sol says, they're discontinued :frown2:

I installed it myself; comes with a template and a drill kit, technically no big deal. the most difficult part for me was, mentally and emotionally, drilling 4 holes in that perfect shape of the trunk lid.
But the end result is even more beautiful :nerd: :nerd::laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
That is where I am at. I take it out set it on the trunk, and still have not been able to drill thru the trunk lid. They look fantastic, and I have been lucky enough to find one for the yellow car and the green car. One day I will live dangerously and drill holes thru the trunks. Being a classic car guy, it is very hard to destroy perfect body parts. The only plus is that it is an OEM part. But once it is done, it is done. Still trying to get the guts up to do it.

Sol my original fly swatter came in a bag, I would think the new one would fit.

I would think you could take the tonneau to your upholstery guy and he could cut and stitch the holes to go around the base of the fly swatter.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
That is where I am at. I take it out set it on the trunk, and still have not been able to drill thru the trunk lid. They look fantastic, and I have been lucky enough to find one for the yellow car and the green car. One day I will live dangerously and drill holes thru the trunks. Being a classic car guy, it is very hard to destroy perfect body parts. The only plus is that it is an OEM part. But once it is done, it is done. Still trying to get the guts up to do it.

Sol my original fly swatter came in a bag, I would think the new one would fit.

I would think you could take the tonneau to your upholstery guy and he could cut and stitch the holes to go around the base of the fly swatter.
I got the flyswatter in the bag it came in. I had Joe at JPM put the holes in my Tonneau years ago. The neat part is the tonneau I believe was meant to work with the flyswatter or this aftermarket one. The tonneau does not rise up at high speeds when you have one of these in use.
As for not installing your OEM rack. You gotta do it. They look amazing. I was going to suggest a few slurps of whiskey ( preferably Canadian Club now that I live in Windsor....Whiskey Town) but you should not drink and drill!!!!:thumbs::willy::thumbs::willy::thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Storage Case

Skersfan had this custom made by someone he knows in the hot rod biz. He was good enough to have one made for me. I love it and quality work. Thank you Skersfan.?

Attachments

Reactions: Cmccomb1

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
21 - 40 of 44 Posts