Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from my dealer today telling me that GM picked up my order. He said he talked to his Area Manager and he said he expected to see it "late Augest/Early September.. but don't hold him to that." Thats probably the most honest estimate I've heard from a dealer.

This is good news for me because with so few being shipped to Canada I'm gald to know that mine is one of them.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Congratulations!

SlipSlider said:
I got a call from my dealer today telling me that GM picked up my order. He said he talked to his Area Manager and he said he expected to see it "late Augest/Early September.. but don't hold him to that." That's probably the most honest estimate I've heard from a dealer.

This is good news for me because with so few being shipped to Canada I'm glad to know that mine is one of them.
Watch over the next few months to have that code number change to 3100, 3300, 3400. See the following post for more information: link to: VOM Production Code Meanings

Congratulations! It's good to see some of the Canadian units will be early. :cool:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SlipSlider, when did you order?

·
Registered
198 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I got a call from my dealer today telling me that GM picked up my order. He said he talked to his Area Manager and he said he expected to see it "late Augest/Early September.. but don't hold him to that." Thats probably the most honest estimate I've heard from a dealer.

This is good news for me because with so few being shipped to Canada I'm gald to know that mine is one of them.
Glad to hear some Canadian movement - and that ain't no crap! Hoping my dealer will have some news for me soon... What part of Canada are you in, SlipSlider?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Danno said:
Glad to hear some Canadian movement - and that ain't no crap! Hoping my dealer will have some news for me soon... What part of Canada are you in, SlipSlider?
Newcastle Ontario. My Dealer is in Bowmanville.
When did you order?

Andrew Jackson said:
When did you walk into the dealer and buy this car,Not when order was picked up.
Were you asking me? March 28th.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Danno said:
I ordered on April 9. I'm in Oakville, just west of Toronto.
You must have made it in before the Apprentise rush then. Have you heard anything yet?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andrew Jackson said:
I ordered mine on May 15 2005
Looks like I have a little longer to wait.Im hoping a lot of Others Cancel
Theres so I get moved up.
It's hard to say, but at least your not in Canada. Apperently were not going to see that many up here. So you have a chance to get one. I'd put you at about December.

·
Registered
198 Posts
SlipSlider said:
You must have made it in before the Apprentise rush then. Have you heard anything yet?
Yeah, my order was in before the man with the wacky hair did his thing. My dealer says that (as of about a week and half ago) they are making one vehicle for every Canadian dealership (one colour with same options), then they are to start on sold orders (of which mine is one), and then they will build for dealer inventory.

I'm hanging onto the dream that I may see something in August, but my real expectation is that I'll get it just in time to buy a new snow brush...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Danno said:
Yeah, my order was in before the man with the wacky hair did his thing. My dealer says that (as of about a week and half ago) they are making one vehicle for every Canadian dealership (one colour with same options), then they are to start on sold orders (of which mine is one), and then they will build for dealer inventory.

I'm hanging onto the dream that I may see something in August, but my real expectation is that I'll get it just in time to buy a new snow brush...
That's backwards freom what my dealer told me.

He says they will get mine first, because it's a sold unit, and then they will see others show up. He says my car will be the first they get.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I agree I have a strange feeling. The softtop won't come down till 2006.
The one good thing is ,I have ordered it. And 90% of the world has no idea
about the Solstice, And when thay do .10% will want one Maybe 1% will get one. No matter. Im ahead of the rest of them.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Not so lucky. I hadn't made up my mind by the time the Apprentice show aired. Then it took me another two weeks to go to the dealer. They had an allocation of 9 and had sold 4 by April 30th. Mine is order number 5. I checked back on May 30th and they had sold 12.

So I am in the middle of the four month allocation, sounds like you are at the beginning, which if it turns out to be Aug/Sept, I would come in Oct/Nov., which isn't great but, I might get some above freezing weather for that top down experience.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm supposedly #1 at my dealership for thier first 4 month allocation. However I'm now having a hard time reaching my sales guy, and I get the run around each time I try to get something. I'm probably going to have to go down there again and get all this straightened out once and for all.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Andrew, my thought exactly. We'll have ours for next spring and be turning heads.

If we have a five-month waiting list sight unseen, seat unsat. What the heck is going to happen when people get to sit in one, to take one for a test drive, to gaze longingly at its curves.....

·
Registered
405 Posts
My order is now preferenced...we might see some Canadian summer in a solstice yet...this week would have been nice!

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

I was trying to see if I could import a 1st 1000 vehicle into Canada but no such luck. If you import a new vehicle before 6 mo and 10k they will not honour the warranty.

Also, they say that the us version will not meet the Canadian bumper standards, however, I find that a little far fetched.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts