Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was ably to find a dealer (in a neighboring state) willing to sell for MSRP. Slapped down a deposit for my car today and now the wait begins. I ordered the Sol in Deep/Ebony leather with premium, power, convenience packages and LSD, ABS, A/C.
"Estimated" delivery date is Spring 2006. Now I'm excited. :)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
andrew g said:
I was ably to find a dealer (in a neighboring state) willing to sell for MSRP. Slapped down a deposit for my car today and now the wait begins. I ordered the Sol in Deep/Ebony leather with premium, power, convenience packages and LSD, ABS, A/C.
"Estimated" delivery date is Spring 2006. Now I'm excited. :)
Calm down, my friend. :)

If you're so excited about placing your order, what are you going to do when you get the phone call that your beautiful Solstice has arrived?

May I suggest when the time gets near that you keep a small plain brown paper bag handy? You should breathe in and out of the bag to keep from hyperventilating.

But for now, it's time to

:party:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I put my deposit down the end of September, as of today it is not even "officially" order, but in a "waiting to be ordered" status

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I was about to say congrats, because I thought you meant your car (order) was in ... ;) :willy: :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Critterman said:
I put my deposit down the end of September, as of today it is not even "officially" order, but in a "waiting to be ordered" status
The journey to the moon in July 1969 began with that first step out of bed that morning.

Good start, Critterman. May your wait be shorter than everyone else!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those of you with some real experience with the order process, how long do you think it will really take for me to see this car? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
andrew g said:
For those of you with some real experience with the order process, how long do you think it will really take for me to see this car? :rolleyes:
At this point, it's just a guess. Could be tomorrow, could be a 2007 model.

You need to find out how many your dealer has on order and what number you are in that order. It's quite possible someone ahead of you will drop out and you might have a chance at that one, so much quicker.

Do keep checking other dealerships in case they have one coming in for a customer who cancels. Good luck, my friend!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Wow,

You, Me, and Underdog all ordered our cars on the same day!

Mine is just like yours but with the sand interior. I call it the 'excelsior' special.

If you do a search on excelsior, he has posted many excellent 'deep' photos.

Now we get to see who gets theirs first! (I'll bet 50 bucks I'm last)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
Wow,

Mine is just like yours but with the sand interior. I call it the 'excelsior' special.

There's a bet you hope you lose!

Good luck to all three!

·
Registered
116 Posts
My dealer (sort of ) discouraged me from placing the deposit with a sigh and a long face.His best guess from what he's seen so far was a year to 15 months from today.So I asked-but WILL I get the car eventually? He said yes-so I plunked down my money.For me the wait is not necessary a bad thing 1)I want Yellow and that most likely will be available only when the '07s are made if not after 2) I currently have a Toyota Tacoma 4X4 that i'm somewhat wrestling with the idea of keeping-has 50k on it rarely use the four wheel,big to manuever,and doesn't get all that great mpg 3)I have the chance to make a lot more $$ in '06 and that means less to borrow at higher rates to pay for it 4) Hopefully in years time ALL the small problems the come up in a new design car will be worked out by Pontiac and maybe a few improvements that we can't imagine at this time

·
Registered
363 Posts
Critterman said:

placed my order 1st of august and still in the same status....... :willy:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ordered on the same day.

AztekzRpurty said:
Wow,

We should start a seperate thead for those of us who ordered the car on the same day. Who will get the car 1st? :lol:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Underdog64 said:
My dealer (sort of ) discouraged me from placing the deposit with a sigh and a long face.His best guess from what he's seen so far was a year to 15 months from today.So I asked-but WILL I get the car eventually? He said yes-so I plunked down my money.For me the wait is not necessary a bad thing 1)I want Yellow and that most likely will be available only when the '07s are made if not after 2) I currently have a Toyota Tacoma 4X4 that i'm somewhat wrestling with the idea of keeping-has 50k on it rarely use the four wheel,big to manuever,and doesn't get all that great mpg 3)I have the chance to make a lot more $$ in '06 and that means less to borrow at higher rates to pay for it 4) Hopefully in years time ALL the small problems the come up in a new design car will be worked out by Pontiac and maybe a few improvements that we can't imagine at this time

One thing guys... the dealerships that you are "ordering" your cars from. What # in what allocation are you in? For example.... my dealership was given a total of 17 cars in the 1st qtr. and I know that as of now we are slated to have 11 in the second quater of production.

Thus far we have recieved 6 of our 17 Solstice with four of them en route to be here. So we have a bunch to go. But I think a dealership telling you it will be 07 is ridicilous. The production of these cars will increase in the near future. Once they have all the wheels rolling in the right direction then it will increase greatly.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aren't they going to add another prodution site/more assembly workers to assist with the building of these cars?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AztekzRpurty said:
Wow,

Thanks AztekzRpurty,

Thanks for the info re: excelsior excellent 'deep' photos.

I love the color!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fantistic. Looks like a good time was had by all.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
dealernut said:
One thing guys... the dealerships that you are "ordering" your cars from. What # in what allocation are you in? For example.... my dealership was given a total of 17 cars in the 1st qtr. and I know that as of now we are slated to have 11 in the second quater of production.

Thus far we have recieved 6 of our 17 Solstice with four of them en route to be here. So we have a bunch to go. But I think a dealership telling you it will be 07 is ridicilous. The production of these cars will increase in the near future. Once they have all the wheels rolling in the right direction then it will increase greatly.
dealernut, are you presuming that these dealerships have ordered for their inventory? I would bet that a LOT of dealerships placed orders for specific customers, and that those orders take up their entire allocations for the model year.

Of course some dealerships, perhaps a lot, ordered for inventory, so then it's important to know what # in what allocation you are. But if they've already got customers for their entire allocation, what should they do then? Maybe they should keep searching for other dealers that might some allocations not yet spoken for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
you having troubles like my waiting for your car to arrive?! I ordered a sly with everything except leather and the rims. (gonna put aftermarket rims on and i find leather too sticky in the summer) Dealership said i should have mine in february.. im 1 of 2000 only in canada...anyways man have fun waiting! i know im not

1 - 20 of 23 Posts