Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I got my Solstice photo's onto my business website. Go to www.eagleauction.com and scroll down to "Solstice photo's" and click (the first 3 aren't sized so you will need to scroll sideways or up and down to see the whole picture). There are also a couple of the car on my vacation photo's which is also linked of my main page. Check em' all out!!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
OZ40: nice photos, nice car! I like Lil Brit too. Does your Solstice have a name?

PS: Why not use your Signature to give us more info, like VIN, her name, etc? Just go to User CP, then select Edit Signature at the left, and add whatever you think is appropriate!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice pictures Oz. The MG looks like a Midget compared to the Solstice. :lol: How long have you had the MG?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually...

Actually, I haven't named the car per say, but I am comptemplating a few vanity plate names...I used to have a custom show van that I named "Comfortably Numb"...whoa flashback! But that was back in the 70's I've owned the 69'MG Midget going on 3 years now, it was an E-bay purchase. Glad you like the pictures!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
OZ40:

1. Nice wheels on the Midget!

2. Two driver's side rear view mirrors?

I used to have a Midget, wish I still had it.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
OZ40 said:
Finally, I got my Solstice photo's onto my business website. Go to www.eagleauction.com and scroll down to "Solstice photo's" and click (the first 3 aren't sized so you will need to scroll sideways or up and down to see the whole picture). There are also a couple of the car on my vacation photo's which is also linked of my main page. Check em' all out!!
Very nice pics, OZ40. I can't wait to put my red one next to the blue TR6. Do you find the brit and solstice similar to drive?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear ya'

A total of 4 rear view mirrors on the Midget and I still just turn my head anyways! Actually those are not true wheels but hubcaps over the rostyle wheels. I thought they looked unique so I didn't convert the axels to spoke wheels. The Solstice is much flatter on the curves and due to the wider stance seems a lot more sure footed. But as you know considering the Midget has 13" inch wheels and the Solstice 18"...wellll. Anyway's the real thrill of British style roadracing is sort of sliding thru curves anyway.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
There are very good! The first pic is a great wallpaper!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
OZ40 said:
Red w/ painted and cloth? HIGH FIVE! :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You sir ...

You sir are correct. The painted wheels look better (my opinion) and they are an absolute snap to keep clean. I am at the point where anything shiny or chrome-y looks too much like the "thug-bling-bling" phase the country seems to be going through. It may be okay but it's not me. I like the cloth seats because they don't fry your a$$ in the sun and hot weather.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
OZ40 said:
You sir are correct. The painted wheels look better (my opinion) and they are an absolute snap to keep clean. I am at the point where anything shiny or chrome-y looks too much like the "thug-bling-bling" phase the country seems to be going through. It may be okay but it's not me. I like the cloth seats because they don't fry your a$$ in the sun and hot weather.
Car looks great. I like the "Lil Brit" too.

I totally agree with you about the chrome and polished parts. I'd take satin over shine any day.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great pix! I like the side by side with the MG, it gave me a good prespective of how big it is!

Thanks!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny thing ...

The only thing that makes the MG Midget look big is my ...oh never mind. nuff said!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
OZ40 said:
The only thing that makes the MG Midget look big is my ...oh never mind. nuff said!
If that were true you wouldn't need a Sportscar in the frist place ;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey SlipSlider

Re-read my post, I said the only thing that makes my MG Midget look big is my... meaning comparatively speaking my MG Midget looks big alongside..oh nevermind. I can get a Canadians dander up by just mentioning The Detroit Red Wings!!!! :yesnod: :cool: Sigh, of course i live near Detroit but I'm a Blackhawk's fan and the Wings just beat them 3 straight...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts