Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
3 month suspension isn't that bad for doing 155, I have heard of people being arrested for getting caught going over 100mph. BTW, how did they catch you if you were going that fast?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was arrested. Spent the night in jail. Not fun.

I pulled over when I saw the lights. I had no desire to end up on World's Wildest Police Chases.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was clock @144 . I spent the night in jail.
68 383 Charger. Lost lic 10 years NJ.
I was drunk also.
Been sober 33years.
Hard growing up. I am 18 now in a 65 body.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, I thought going more than 20 MPH qualifies you for reckless endangerment, where the fines and penalties really go up. How the hell did that cop ever catch up to you?

·
Registered
263 Posts
well, at least we can all appreciate the joe walsh reference.

I thought N/A were governed at 123?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had a GXP since 2009, guys.

I was doing 120 in a 70 when he clocked me.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
well, at least we can all appreciate the joe walsh reference.

I thought N/A were governed at 123?
Governed by air resistance and available power - don't know that they have any nanny control that mandates it, just the physics involved.

GXP = about 143, GXP coupe ~ 148

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
I lost my license, now I don't drive.

:(
D*mn, I wish you'd change the title to this. Every time I see this in the new posts list, I start humming the song. Earbug.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Don't ask me how I know this but at around 115mph my car wants to lift off the pavement. Don't know how one can keep a Kappa's wheels on the ground at higher speeds.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't ask me how I know this but at around 115mph my car wants to lift off the pavement. Don't know how one can keep a Kappa's wheels on the ground at higher speeds.
I can tell you my car (though I have suspension upgrades) is good till 125mph with the roof down , but that was the point where I decided to back off so I don't know how much further.:cryin:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Been gps'ed at 147mph with the top down- at that point the car simply would not accelerate anymore (and I was tuned at the time)... I'll try it again with hard top- but I think 160mph+ is possible with my upgrades and a hardtop- without them the wind wall is insurmountable.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts