Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finished it last night! turned out good. Light output is incredible. I have a 6000k HID Kit.
&

Just an update. Painted back bumper and front grills. Projectors still going strong

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Bitchin Martin. I looked and didnt see any turn key kits so how long did it take you?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Glad to see you got it done :) they look awesome

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you rob. Thanks to jn2 as well. Couldve not done it without you lol. Mcp , i have no experience doing anything like this, its my first time. Its not hard as long as youre careful

·
Registered
174 Posts
So how much would this cost....parts&labor....turn key package....?

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
now I'm real interested. can you post or PM me the info on the parts / kit? I did the HID conversion on mine but I'd much rather do the projectors so I can install halo rings while I'm at it.

I know TS did his a while back but and from the looks of what he posted, 130 didn;t even sound close.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I know TS did his a while back but and from the looks of what he posted, 130 didn;t even sound close.
Yeah, I used the FX-R projectors since their design is so highly rated. And from experience I'd have to agree! My kit was over $300 from The Retrofit Source, and I'd still recommend them for their superb after sales service/support.

However, I saw that DDMtuning (the LED/HID lighting people, NOT the forum supporting mechanical folks) now has some FX-R design projectors (they call them "IFX") at a way lower price. No idea how good a quality they are though. Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks great, but I don't want to be in the car coming toward you at night.
these are a projector retrofit, why would you not want too? he didn't just install a HID kit, no different than OEM applications, he will have a clean cut off line and will not blind traffic if properly aimed, here is how mine look like, his is prob sharper since he has the FXRs, mine are mini H1

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I only watched a video on how to open up the headlight. The rest i used jn2's thread (about his projectors) to guide me through it. Btw i got all my stuff from ddmtuning. Excellent customer service. I highly recommend them if you want to save a few bucks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Here is my order receipt. Plus two spray paint cans. BTW YOU DO NEED THE H1 HIGH AND LOW HARNESS, NO THE H13HL ( the one that's $9.99.) I made the mistake when i placed my order, and they were nice enough to let me know I ordered the wrong harness. So they changed it to the H1 giving me a 20 dollars refund. This is not a kit you can buy. It's all separate.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts