Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue with my radio not recognizing the XM receiver. I have an '08 GXP with factory XM. I don't have an XM subscription, but I would listen to it when they offered free previews so I know that it had been working just fine.

Today I am trying to install a USA-Spec iPod interface. It is model PA20-GM. I connected the adapter inline with the supplied cable per the instructions but now the radio won't switch to the XM channels. It only switches between AM and FM. There are several XM 'favorites' preset and if I try to select one of them it tells me 'XM Not Available.' Does any one know what may have caused this of what I can do to try and remedy it?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and also my tire pressure monitor warning light is on now, too. I checked all four tires and the pressure is fine. The computer just isn't reading the sensors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And neither of my key fobs work (lock, unlock, truck). The car starts, runs and drives fine, and the radio plays.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The PA20-GM is not connected right now. I put everything back the way it was and the XM is still not working. The link on the fobs not working sounds exactly like what I'm seeing. I guess I'll be seeing the dealership soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
You must have an early '08, my late '08 never had the issue as they had fixed it by then.

Wonder if you have a bad contact on the faceplate that wont register the button push to get you to XM. Lack of use perhaps? I haven't had the OEM radio in my car for some time so I'm not much help, maybe TomatoSoup will chime in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did some more messing around and I found a blown fuse in the fuse panel under the hood. It was fuse #56 for the S Band, OnStar and RKE. I replaced it and everything is working again. The adapter is working like it should. Now I just need to decide how to run the wires....

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Well that's that then. Glad you got to the bottom of the issue with the XM. Too bad there isn't anyway to get the fobs working without a trip to the dealer but there isn't. It should have been fixed and reprogrammed under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts