Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of a frame off restoration of a 1968 Camaro RS. The car is loaded with almost every option available at the time. I have the original protecto plate.

Here's a link to a freebie website I set up to journal the progress. My '68 Restoration

I've made a little more progress over the last couple days which I haven't posted yet. I had the frame, all brackets, pulleys, fender wells, air cleaner, etc. powder coated. It's looking very nice in person. It goes to the paint shop this wednesday.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Awesome project! It sure looks like one massive job, and the end result will be a great reward for all the work your putting in! Best of luck at the paint shop!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Did you have trouble getting the frame powder coated? Did you find someone with a big enough oven or did they do the job section by section?

My father in law has a '53 Cunningham (yes, it has a HEMI) in need of complete restoration . I'd like to get the frame powder coated, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to find a big enough oven.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
palmer said:
Did you have trouble getting the frame powder coated? Did you find someone with a big enough oven or did they do the job section by section?

My father in law has a '53 Cunningham (yes, it has a HEMI) in need of complete restoration . I'd like to get the frame powder coated, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to find a big enough oven.
Portland Powder coating did the coating and they have a very large oven. It's actually quite reasonably priced. I had about fifty parts coated and paid about $500 for all of it including media blasting and coating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts