Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Not so far i have finished repearing '07 silver GXP 49K miles.
Bought it in Florida from State Farm Insurance, and delivered to Ukraine. Car was damaged a little bit to the front. Hood and the bumper has been repaired, intercoller replaced with a used OEM i have bought from the guy (fastsaturnsw2) on ebay.
Previous owner from USA installed nice aftermarket Pioneer radio with bluetooth.
I repaired the car, added some noise insulator to the floor. Added front and rear parking cameras (instead parking sensors). Updated headlight's - removed inner chrome and added xenon + halo rings. Planing to fabricate catless pipe, and replace pressure sensors with Bosch's ones. I still don't know which tune i'll add, still the issue...
I love this car. May be some one knows previous owner? the VIN number last digits are #120599. It has small decal on the rear bumper: "McCafferty Longhorne, PA". May be previous owner installed some more addons?
PS: Will add pics later.
PS2: the first Solstice i have bought 11 years ago was a '06 green Base with 10 miles. Not so fast as GXP but also sooo nice.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My first Solstice was a silver '07 GXP. But it is not the same as yours, someone in New York State has it.

How about some photos of your car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first Solstice was a silver '07 GXP. But it is not the same as yours, someone in New York State has it.

How about some photos of your car?
My one was in PA till 2012, then in NY till 2017.
Will take a pics soon, just back from vacation.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My '07 was in MA until 2012. Looking forward to pics though.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
BEAUTIFUL! Do you see many Kappas (Solstice/Sky/Opel) over there?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
If the car was a manual it would be a clone of my original car, right down to the absence of the rear spoiler.

I always loved that my '07 was the only GXP I ever saw in-person that had no spoiler. If I could snap my fingers and make my '08 GXP's rear spoiler vanish, I would.

Great looking car NazarSky. Looks new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the car was a manual it would be a clone of my original car, right down to the absence of the rear spoiler.

I always loved that my '07 was the only GXP I ever saw in-person that had no spoiler. If I could snap my fingers and make my '08 GXP's rear spoiler vanish, I would.

Great looking car NazarSky. Looks new.
Thank you. Previous owner in USA seems was accurate and careful with this car.
PS: i wouldn't do any body modification to this car, even spoilers or so... Car design is magic and clear - no need to add anything :) Especialy in this silver color...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Replacement deck lid? Not quite a snap of the fingers, but relatively painless.
Isn't it on the rear fascia? I like factory fit anyway; I've made new trunklids created on worn, old tooling fit but it's usually like the fifth try before I get it right. I'd be leery of making a buttress stick.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Thank you. Previous owner in USA seems was accurate and careful with this car.
PS: i wouldn't do any body modification to this car, even spoilers or so... Car design is magic and clear - no need to add anything :) Especialy in this silver color...
You're welcome and I agree. Silver is a great color for the Solstice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts