1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Best of luck to you, Primus. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I have some friends in the StL area (my hometown, by the way) that might be interested. I'll send them a link to your auction. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Primus said:
The performance was one of the detractors for me, but the impracticality of the car was really starting to get to me. I need to buy a house, and this car wasn't a smart purchase for me at the time.
I understand your stance on practically i am getting this for the summer season I own a full size truck and a cavialer this car willed be stored for the winter. Buy a house a better investment Good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Empathize with you brother

Had two different Miatas when I was a bachelor. After I got married and a kid was on the way I was looking for a more practical all around vehicle and sold my Miata for a F-150. I can't live without my truck now. Need it to hawl endless amounts of my crap around this town.

But now things are going pretty well so a 3rd car for our family that is purely for fun is possible. :cool:

As a designer, I learned "form follows function." It applies to life as well. Sometimes we gotta make sure we got the practical side of our lives covered. Especially when we are throwing down 20 plus grand on a single purchase.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Good Luck! I think it will do well, because people who start low like you did usually finish better than the greedy guys. :thumbs: Here is a good opportunity for those wanting a Sol quickly.

·
4,592 Posts
Fortimir said:
Are you content with the winning bid?
I'm not, someone outbid me in the final seconds :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The guy that won the auction is a dealer in TX. Am I happy with the bid? I guess so. I'm getting back what I paid for it. I was hoping it would go for about $27k, but as long as the transaction goes smoothly I will be happy. I was a little suprised by the lack of interest in the last 2 days or so.

As for being out bid, if you were willing to pay more you should have bid more. Easy for me to say I suppose.

·
4,592 Posts
Thanks for sharing Primus!

As for me, I had bid a very little bit over msrp (24.8), the problem was I would have had to pay shipping at $1K give or take, and then tax and title. If it was closer and I could have picked it up, I would have bid a higher amount equal to the cost of shipping.

As a matter of fact, after the auction was over, I made a bid on a low mileage frist 1000 40 miles from my house, I offered 25.5K, but the guy wants to get all cost he paid, he said something like 27.9K, and I'd still have to pay tax and title.

"And that's the way the cookie crumbles" :lol:

I think though I helped Primus a bit as my bid took theb auction from the next lowest offer of 24.5 to 24.9, hope that helped a bit!

·
4,592 Posts
Primus said:
Well, it was $24,5 to $24,9 but every little bit helped.

I hope you find what you're looking for. I think I might buy a G6 GTP... Not sure. That or a used CTS.
Typo fixed! If I had only typod when bidding, it might have been mine :lol:

Primus, since it went to a dealer who won't care, would you mind sharing your thoughts on "performance" - which was one of the reasons you listed for selling. It is always good to hear other's thoughts.

It wouldn't have mattered much to me anyways. I've come around to the idea I'd win either way, that is because I own the MSM - which is my little bottle rocket. The sol would be for casual cruising nd longer distance runs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My problem with the performance is that I went from a 1999 340HP Pontiac Firehawk T/A with 6-speed to a 2006 177HP Pontiac Solstice with a 5 speed. In fact, this is the first 4 cylinder I've owned since my 1992 Eagle Talon.

The Solstice scoots, but it doesn't haul.

I had tons of reasons to sell though. The power issue was just a small part.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.