Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

My Solstice#879 is here but stuck in the shop

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  RTO 
#1 ·
Got a call this morning that My car was in and that it would be ready to be pick up at 5pm. I then get a call at about 4:30 pm and I am told that the car did not pass the inspection. The engine light is on and needs to be reset. Well of course it is friday and we are in the West Coast and GM is in the East Coast and closed for the day and they can not do anything untill Monday. I am so angry right now! I think this was done on purpose so that they can keep the car over the weekend so that they sell cars off of mine. I am schedualed to leave on a road trip up the coast heading to San Francisco from San Diego. I want to leave Monday night and hope to have the car by then. Of course the Sales people can give a Sh_t what plans we have. I have planned my time off at work and will be on vacation to take this trip up the coast. Every minute counts. Does anyone have any sudgestion on this situation in order to spead the process. I have already contacted GM and placed a complaint. :brentil:

#2 ·
Sounds like BS to me. Is the service department open on Saturdays? Ask them if they even bothered to run a diagnostic or pulled the codes from the PCM to see what is setting off the light.

#3 ·
Black electricians tape over the light. :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. With all the inspections your car had done to it it has to be something that has gotten loose or jarred or cracked from transit and being shaken around, I presume rail was a big part of transport for west coast. At the least your dealer should give you the closest equivalent to borrow for your trip. You won't get anyone at GM on the weekend.

#4 ·
Congratulations, here in Florida the service department is open until 2:00 PM but maybe your dealer is different. :party:

#5 ·
Congratulations on FINALLY getting your car. That's a real bummer about not getting it until Monday. I think I will have to throw a tantrum with my body on the floor kicking and screaming if that happens to me! They say if you want to get transactions done fast at a car dealership, take small children! In lieu of not having small children, I will take their place! :)

Hope it works out for you, and you have a great time next week just enjoying the feeling that everyone here has been talking about when you do get your car.

Hopefully, I get to have that feeling in a couple of weeks......

:party:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.