Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The poor thing.. Would think about buying back if it wasn't Copart. I wouldn't buy a used rock from them.
LINK

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
so sad...:(

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
:cryin::cryin::cryin:

·
Registered
347 Posts
JIm, Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully, you are ok physically.

On the plus side, you've probably made lots of your fellow coupe owners happy, as they are now .001% closer to that windfall they keep talking about. I figure each coupe is now worth an extra $25.00 today.

Not sure how Clopart works, but I figure if someone can pick the carcass up for $250.00 they could probably make a decent amount parting it out (rims, seats, radio, etc), plus scrap metal.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Crap it's an NA too... ultra rare for a coupe.

·
Registered
425 Posts
So many good parts left on it... :( So what's the issue with Copart?

·
Super Moderator
7,553 Posts
TomShadow : ..... Not sure how Clopart works, but I figure if someone can pick the carcass up for $250.00 they could probably make a decent amount parting it out (rims, seats, radio, etc), plus scrap metal.
It won't go for $250. NA roadsters are selling for upwards of $4k, and this one is damaged in the front, so it should be a straightforward rebuild. I suspect that this one will end up back on the road.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Seriously, glad you're OK.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
This one struck home...my car is an exact twin of yours, before the crash. Not too many in that color. Mine is a pre-production coupe so it is not in the regular production run sequence.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Oooh man, I am sorry for your loss. They only made 39 deep coupes as I recall. I was hit pretty badly in the back last year but luckily it was repaired good as new in a couple of weeks.

I'm going to go and hug my car now. (No, it's not for sale.)

·
Registered
623 Posts
On the plus side, you've probably made lots of your fellow coupe owners happy, as they are now .001% closer to that windfall they keep talking about. I figure each coupe is now worth an extra $25.00 today.
No, we are NOT happy about someone losing their beloved coupe. I know a bunch of coupe owners, and all of them have far more class than that.

BTW, we like to brag about which one of us has the most miles, and I've never heard anyone utter the words windfall or re-sale.

Stick to talking smack about subjects you know something about.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your coupe. Coupe 1141 mourns the loss of it's sibling. How would someone find out about getting some parts from it? Might as well have some donor parts just in case.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really sorry to hear about your coupe. Coupe 1141 mourns the loss of it's sibling. How would someone find out about getting some parts from it? Might as well have some donor parts just in case.
Copart only sells the whole car. The problem with them is they treat them like rocks, move them around with fork lifts. But like I said around $2500 or so I may take a chance on find one hit in the ass end. Just have to find a place to keep it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
JIm, Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully, you are ok physically.

Not sure how Clopart works, but I figure if someone can pick the carcass up for $250.00 they could probably make a decent amount parting it out (rims, seats, radio, etc), plus scrap metal.
Out of the 1266 coupes, three have been posted about on the forum. One was bought back by GM and cut in half, two were totaled by insurance companies (which means they could purchased, rebuilt, and possible be on the road someday again). However, even if a federal database system existed (or was made available) because parked vehicles aren't required to be licensed or insured, other than using the standard vehicle attrition rate (or guessing) there's really no way to document the number of Kappa's left; let alone coupes.

But the bottom line is that it's not about if its a vert or coupe (or another make or model) as it is about perspective; cars can be replaced, people can't.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Condolences!!!! Glad you're OK, I am not happy about someone losing their coupe. I was hit by a F150 in the front passenger side 2 weeks ago. The insurance company did not total my coupe and is now in the body shop. With 1266 coupes and 3 totaled my math is 0.9976% and not .001%. 414 or 0.9951% coupes (Non-GXP) remaining two have made their fate may they R.I.P. and 849 or 0.9988% GXP coupes left. Why can’t this forum develop some form of document keep track of coupes remaining and those that have been totaled? These numbers were taken from this forum unknown of the accuracy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Condolences!!!! Glad you're OK, I am not happy about someone losing their coupe. I was hit by a F150 in the front passenger side 2 weeks ago. The insurance company did not total my coupe and is now in the body shop. With 1266 coupes and 3 totaled my math is 0.9976% and not .001%. 414 or 0.9951% coupes (Non-GXP) remaining two have made their fate may they R.I.P. and 849 or 0.9988% GXP coupes left. Why can’t this forum develop some form of document keep track of coupes remaining and those that have been totaled? These numbers were taken from this forum unknown of the accuracy.

Yeah, thanks all. I'm fine just had a small scratch form the airbag. I'm still thinking about buying it back.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
Let's start from the assumption that fewer than 25% of Solstice owners are members of this forum, and maybe only 25% of them are active here.

You can't rely on any numbers developed from anything reported on this forum unless they are based on the entire Solstice and Sky population.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts