Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so we leave Atlanta, my girl and I about 6 am early to get through traffic . Sol did good in early traffic great maneuverability. Love having the turbo GXP 2008 when you ask for passing speed your going to get it. Its about 330 miles down and pretty straight. After driving straight 2 hrs. I pulled off highway. I did notice a little stumble at light. I think some one here said that some times you get a little overload. I revved the engine a little it smoothed out. I saw one solstice going down white. Did not make out year. I stayed 4 days. I drove down with my trunk packed to the rim. No food or water or chairs just clothes computer and shoes.
On the way back saw another Solstice black pulled up to car and waived and she, the driver looked at me as if I were crazy. Funny . So wrap up 600 plus miles 28 miles to a gallon and no troubles. Well satisfied with ride moving through traffic. Temp Gage stayed around 198-205 And of course getting MPG 28 was great ;). I now have 14k on car. Oh yea I did get a couple of head turns. Neat.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
:thumbs:

Wife and I did about a 900 mile round trip last spring in the Solstice, but we left out the highway as much as possible and took some twisties. Stiff from sitting still for long stretches but overall it was a pretty comfortable ride!

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Good job !

Keep on waving ! :cool:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I drive 121 miles a day in my solstice, so 605 a work week. It gets about 30 mpg and it's fun to drive, the seats are comfortable for me but I'm only 5 foot 9 and fairly skinny. The ride quality was much better in my NA but that has a lot to do with the fact the the suspension had 160k miles on it so it was worn out and therefore softer. But, it really isn't a bad car for long trips at all in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
18,503 Posts
if those are freeway miles, consider getting the GMPP tune as it adds about 2 MPG. We have been seeing 32 MPG in freeway crusing.

Sounds like a nice trip.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. It was good trip, stiff legs yes. Funny. Yes mostly HWY miles. Not sure about the tune device.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.