Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have to say, what a great place to keep up with Solstice news. Anyway, some good news… I'm in Las Vegas and I ordered my Solstice last Thursday 8/25. I was skeptical when my dealer told me that I was in his first allocation #3 and that I would see my car early November. After hearing all the delays posted here, I decided to bring myself to reality and I asked Cadillaccricket to check my VOM status. I got his response this morning and my order is already at 3000 "order accepted by production control."

Wow, I had no idea it would move that quickly within a week. Needless to say I am ecstatic. Who knows if early November is realistic but I am very pleased so far... ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Vegas Sly said:
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have to say, what a great place to keep up with Solstice news. Anyway, some good news… I'm in Las Vegas and I ordered my Solstice last Thursday 8/29. I was skeptical when my dealer told me that I was in his first allocation #3 and that I would see my car early November. After hearing all the delays posted here, I decided to bring myself to reality and I asked Cadillaccricket to check my VOM status. I got his response this morning and my order is already at 3000 "order accepted by production control."

Wow, I had no idea it would move that quickly within a week. Needless to say I am ecstatic. Who knows if early November is realistic but I am very pleased so far... ;)

Don't bet the farm, I ordered on March 31st and I am 4th on the first. I still am a code 3000.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll be in VEGAS Nov 3-6

Will be over with cold beer to see car Laff

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Vegas Sly said:
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have to say, what a great place to keep up with Solstice news. Anyway, some good news… I'm in Las Vegas and I ordered my Solstice last Thursday 8/29. I was skeptical when my dealer told me that I was in his first allocation #3 and that I would see my car early November. After hearing all the delays posted here, I decided to bring myself to reality and I asked Cadillaccricket to check my VOM status. I got his response this morning and my order is already at 3000 "order accepted by production control."

I'd say you got VERY lucky in the fact that the dealer didn't have all his allocation filled. Most dealers had that filled (or close to filled) a long time ago, and I'm sure dealers that didn't went ahead and filled one for themselves to have a car in their lobby. In other words, we were also 3rd on our dealers allocation, and we placed our order with them back in April. Production didn't start on the first 1000 EOP cars until Mid/Late July, so a lot of our waiting has been before any production even took place. It's rumored that this is the last week of production for those cars (and ZZ & Maint), so 1st allocation cars are up next. Basically, production is just starting for "our" cars now, so May, June, July & August have been "pre-waiting." If your dealer had his allocations filled you would be waiting until the second allocation which most likely won't see any cars until next year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ESERIES3 said:
Don't bet the farm, I ordered on March 31st and I am 4th on the first. I still am a code 3000.
I wont, but 3000 is a good place to be considering my order was placed last week. At least I know I'm not in the 2nd allocation ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xyz1 said:
I'll be in VEGAS Nov 3-6 Will be over with cold beer to see car Laff
First round is on me :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bonzo said:
I'd say you got VERY lucky in the fact that the dealer didn't have all his allocation filled.
I was told that several people on the 1st allocation dropped out for some reason... That's how I got lucky with my order...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Vegas Sly said:
I was told that several people on the 1st allocation dropped out for some reason... That's how I got lucky with my order...
I'd say I don't want to hear this. I thought what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Editguy said:
I'd say I don't want to hear this. I thought what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas :D
Maybe the other folks on the waiting list dropped their down payment at the Blackjack table.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Maybe the other folks on the waiting list dropped their down payment at the Blackjack table.
:glol: Probably too close to the truth!

·
Registered
676 Posts
they say you can get lucky in Vegas---but usually the odds are against you! Congrats and hope your wait isn't too long

·
Registered
184 Posts
We just called a dealership here in Vegas and were told the same thing. They still have 4 (now 3) cars left on their first allocation. We have placed an order with them since we have had some problems with another dealer out of the area. We are going to keep that order alive in case this Vegas Dealership is feeding us a line of bull!

Wish us Luck!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am in the dreaded 2nd allocation. At the time I ordered (6 weeks ago) it was the best I could find as the other dealers had much longer wait lists or were yanking my chain asking for huge markups. I may have to go shopping again to see if I can take over a cancelled 1st allocation order. I am very skeptical though that they would do MSRP. May be smarter to stick with my dealer and wait.
Congrats on your good fortune. :cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Vegas Sly said:
I was told that several people on the 1st allocation dropped out for some reason...
In Vegas I wonder how someone could go from having and extra 20 thou for a car and then so quickly not have it? :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sol Survivor said:
We just called a dealership here in Vegas and were told the same thing. They still have 4 (now 3) cars left on their first allocation. We have placed an order with them since we have had some problems with another dealer out of the area. We are going to keep that order alive in case this Vegas Dealership is feeding us a line of bull!

Wish us Luck!
What dealership did you order from in Vegas? Mine is coming from Desert Pontiac in Henderson.

To make sure you are not getting the run around is to get that VOM# and have Cadillaccricket check the status for you. Vegas is a transit town. People come and go so it doesn't surprise me that some dealers still have 1st allocations because of people moving. Good luck though...

·
Registered
184 Posts
We called Pat Clark Pontiac. If they didn't have any we would have called Desert next.

They are a pretty good dealership so I am praying that what they tell me is legit. They said they have one 1k car coming in. Hopefully when it gets here I can check it out before the owner drives it off of the lot. I have yet to see one in person.

The wife and I are natives to Vegas (among the very few) but you are correct about people coming and going -- we get all kinds here -- especially during some of our "adult" conventions.

Best of luck to you also!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sol Survivor said:
They said they have one 1k car coming in. Hopefully when it gets here I can check it out before the owner drives it off of the lot. I have yet to see one in person.
Desert was suppose to get two of their 1k's in this week, and invited me to come see them this Wednesday night. Unfortunately they are delayed in transit (sounds familiar huh...). They said they would call me when they get them. Want me to let you know when they arrive so you can come see them too?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I sent you a PM with my number!

Thanks!!

Tony

1 - 18 of 18 Posts