Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 986 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Performance AutoWerks 480 hp V8 Build(The Annaconda)

I sent my Sol to Performance AutoWerks to have a LS3 480 hp V8 t-56 6 speed installed along with several other upgrades. I installed the Probeam from DDM & Wilwood large brakes From TCE before the car left. Plenty of things to do inside the car once it comes home.

upgrades :

LS3 480 hp V8
t-56 6 speed manual
A/C kept
Xlarge radiator
xlarge oil cooler
2.5 SS dual exhaust
Dynamat heat barrier (outside car) tranny tunnel
BC Coilovers
WERKS Tunnel Brace
WERKS rear frame brace
Werks f/r Sway bars
Driveshaftshop 1K hp rear axles
CCW C10 18X9.5, satin black
Michelin PS2 275X18
RACELOGIC Traction Control with Launch & Full Throttle Shift Controls

The car left my home March 7th with finish date around the first week of May (hopefully)

Not a good poster but gotta say I can hardly sleep with anticipation of my dream come true.
:cool:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Sounds very :cool: Do you plan on going for a sleeper look, or have LS3 badges added? Though the sound is probably going alert people it isn't a 4 cylinder. I always wondered if black Cobra like side pipes would work? Please pos pics & video when available.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Any word on the A/C and cruise control? Have him put all the fan duct work back in. Oh and have fun!

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Sounds very :cool: Do you plan on going for a sleeper look, or have LS3 badges added? Though the sound is probably going alert people it isn't a 4 cylinder. I always wondered if black Cobra like side pipes would work? Please pos pics & video when available.
I always liked the look of the Solbra that Wades Garage built saw one up on the Woodward cruise a couple of years ago and never thought of the side pipe look .You bring up an interesting point with the side pipes had a set of Hookers on a Vette that I owned a few years back and this got me to thinking that you could cut them down to fit but the only problem being that they were made for older style small blocks .So you would have to fabricate a set but there are a ton of people out there that could do this as long as you have the money.

·
Registered
189 Posts
WOW! Impressive. Can't wait to see pictures. Finally had our 07 GXP out today here in Central PA. It's been a "brutal" winter. Was nice to be out @45 minutes with the top down.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks All ! Not sure on badging yet, probably subtle though. I wanted to replace SOLSTICE on the rear with identical lettering reading : WERKS LS3 but haven't found the lettering yet. Sides pipes/headers would be pretty nice but looks like a near impossibility to fit.

Any word on the A/C and cruise control? Have him put all the fan duct work back in. Oh and have fun!
:agree: A/C will work as it should & also the cruise control, no problems there ! WERKS will build the car as they see fit & whatever ducting needed will be used.

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
I have the DDM Works serial number on my fuse box cover under the hood and had custom GTO like badges made for the engine valve covers.

There are lots of opportunities. :thumbs:

But its NEVER going to be a sleeper . . . . .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the DDM Works serial number on my fuse box cover under the hood and had custom GTO like badges made for the engine valve covers.

There are lots of opportunities. :thumbs:

But its NEVER going to be a sleeper . . . . .

uh, good point ! There may be a dead giveway once you get close ! :devil:

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rob, hmmm(thinking), the fuse box would make a nice place to list upgrades . . .

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
Rob, hmmm(thinking), the fuse box would make a nice place to list upgrades . . .
Good idea. Everyone wants to look under the hood once they hear it rin:devil:

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi Robert, did you change the rear gearing, or just put in stronger axles? Thx.
Stock LSD 3:91 rear end at this point. I would like to upgrade to 3:42 or 3:23 lower CTS-V if I can recover from putting all I have into this build already. I am betting the farm on this car as my roadster to use fully without problems.
I enjoy 2 to 5K mile trips so total reliability is a must , as is the cruise control. Western U. S. is an awesome place to wander !

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW! Impressive. Can't wait to see pictures. Finally had our 07 GXP out today here in Central PA. It's been a "brutal" winter. Was nice to be out @45 minutes with the top down.
Our winter is also about over, 90s all week, already.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
Stock LSD 3:91 rear end at this point. I would like to upgrade to 3:42 or 3:23 lower CTS-V if I can recover from putting all I have into this build already. I am betting the farm on this car as my roadster to use fully without problems.
I enjoy 2 to 5K mile trips so total reliability is a must , as is the cruise control. Western U. S. is an awesome place to wander !
Best of luck on the cruise control. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The selling point on the build & a BIG reason I went with Dave Gilbert is working cruise control. Is this not an advertised feature He has figured out ? I am told it is no longer a problem so it always seems funny when people keep asking/questioning this. It was a $30K + MAJOR decision in my life & made sure I was covered on the cruise control issue.
I hope true, honest posting is allowed on this forum & won't be deletedH
I'm sure Dave or his tech will chime in here & verify for all, it may be a new service possibility if He can fix others also !

I should have picture to share some time today ! Can you tell I'm excited about this build ?

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
The selling point on the build & a BIG reason I went with Dave Gilbert is working cruise control. Is this not an advertised feature He has figured out ? I am told it is no longer a problem so it always seems funny when people keep asking/questioning this. It was a $30K + MAJOR decision in my life & made sure I was covered on the cruise control issue.
I'm sure Dave or his tech will chime in here & verify for all, it may be a new service possibility if He can fix others also !

I should have picture to share some time today ! Can you tell I'm excited about this build ?
I meant what I said. I hope it works.

I personally know several owners of converted cars, by other than PAW and none of our cruise controls works. That is my only data point.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts

Didn't you verify the cruise would work before you dropped the car off? Call Dave and get some clarification.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Even if the cruise was working when the car was dropped off, the swap causes compatibly problems. The ECM detects a problem than disables cruise. It might be the BCM, not the ECM.
With a t56 6th should great on the freeway, 1st might get skipped from time to time, no big deal.

1 - 20 of 986 Posts