Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have been fortunate enough to see the Solstice on the road which color do like the best of the three and why?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll jump in and answer...

My top 3 are the exact 3 you chose

#1 Agressive
#2 Mysterious
#3 Deep

Dark blue in general is my fav color, but red and black have it on this car!

·
Registered
403 Posts
#1 - Mysterious, keep it clean and shiny and it looks like a million bucks

#2 - Agressive, to quote a post on this forum, looks like "sex-on-a-stick" (that's good, by the way)

#3 - Deep - dark metallics look good, and this will also. If only it could have been Lapis Blue Metallic . . .

Why settle for what is offered, my choice is Orange, the same color as the orange Skittles candy, with black top and interior, possibly black powdercoat all the shiny bits. (and a turbo to help live up to the new color scheme)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Black and red are non-metalic colors (no little shiney flakes in paint). The blue color is metalic.

Agree with Frosty, non-metalics like red and black are very hard to keep clean but look like a million dolars when they are properly detailed. Metalics are generally thought to be easier to maintain.

It's a matter of person taste and if you have the time to put into maintenance or not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My favorite is still Mysterious. I know it will be a pain but nothing looks better when it is all cleaned up. Henry Ford and Johnny Cash were right ;)
Aggressive is my next choice.
I like Deep but I feel the same about it as I do about Envious...it's so close to being black, why not have black?
I really don't think you can go wrong on paint color with this car (with a few obvious exceptions such as day-glo pink or camoflage schemes :leaving: )

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Skidpad said:
I like Deep but I feel the same about it as I do about Envious...it's so close to being black, why not have black?
I ordered Deep because for me it's like having 2 colours in 1.
At night it will look black and when it's sunny it will look blue.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Skidpad said:
I really don't think you can go wrong on paint color with this car (with a few obvious exceptions such as day-glo pink or camoflage schemes :leaving: )
Aw, c'mon ... that's the way I was going to have it custom-painted when I get mine. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SlySol said:
Aw, c'mon ... that's the way I was going to have it custom-painted when I get mine. :lol:
Horrible, just horrible.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I selected Deep as well, since I have a blue Jaguar that provides the same appearances. I'm a bit of a non-conformist, so the Deep does it for me

·
5,600 Posts
Aw, man! Envious gets no love! :willy:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
jimbo said:
Aw, man! Envious gets no love! :willy:
I ordered envious, we'll definately be either the stand outs or black sheep at the Solstice club meets! :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
spyderone said:
For those of you that have been fortunate enough to see the Solstice on the road which color do like the best of the three and why?
YES... :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I chose MYSTERIOUS...no contest...nothing like it!!

DEEP...always wanted a blue car...next time.

AGGRESSIVE...guess red (unless it has some blue in it) is not for me.

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
I also chose Mysterious, nothing like that color when it is all spiffed up. WHich brings me to another ? I also have a black Tacoma, with metalic flakes, sometimes when I wash it I have noticed swirls on the sides. Any suggestions on how to avoid that? I don't know if it is my water, soap, or the way I am wiping. Don't want to mess up my new Mysterious Sol when it arrives. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
del_utz said:
I also chose Mysterious, nothing like that color when it is all spiffed up. WHich brings me to another ? I also have a black Tacoma, with metalic flakes, sometimes when I wash it I have noticed swirls on the sides. Any suggestions on how to avoid that? I don't know if it is my water, soap, or the way I am wiping. Don't want to mess up my new Mysterious Sol when it arrives. Any help would be appreciated.
That kind of thing can happen if you're washing with a dirty sponge or mitt. Make sure you start off by hosing the car down with a high pressure hose to get off as much dirt as you can. Also, it's usually a good idea to progress from top to bottom when you wash the car, since most of the dirt you pick up comes from the bottom edge of the car. In other words, save the bottom rocker panels and bumpers for last ... your water stays cleaner longer. Make sure you have a good, soft sponge or mitt and RINSE frequently to keep from collecting dirt and grinding it into the pant.

Once you get swirls, they don't just go away by themselves. So use a good car polish or glaze and then do a full re-wax. Meguiar's makes a good 3-step system that takes off the old wax, polishes the paint (the critical step for removing swirls), and then adds a coat of wax again. Just make sure the car is freshly washed and very clean before you start any of it or you'll make it worse.

·
Registered
26 Posts
is any1 considering the pure, cool or sly? I am pretty sure I am going to go with mysterious, but I really like cool and sly as well.

- :willy:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
SlySol said:
That kind of thing can happen if you're washing with a dirty sponge or mitt. Make sure you start off by hosing the car down with a high pressure hose to get off as much dirt as you can. Also, it's usually a good idea to progress from top to bottom when you wash the car, since most of the dirt you pick up comes from the bottom edge of the car. In other words, save the bottom rocker panels and bumpers for last ... your water stays cleaner longer. Make sure you have a good, soft sponge or mitt and RINSE frequently to keep from collecting dirt and grinding it into the pant.

Once you get swirls, they don't just go away by themselves. So use a good car polish or glaze and then do a full re-wax. Meguiar's makes a good 3-step system that takes off the old wax, polishes the paint (the critical step for removing swirls), and then adds a coat of wax again. Just make sure the car is freshly washed and very clean before you start any of it or you'll make it worse.
Thanks Sly Soll, I was able to get the swirls out, I will keep and I on the mitt, never had that happen before. But this is the first black vehicle I ever had so maybe it was more noticeable. I have found out that black is very diffficult to keep clean, but nothing looks better then when they are clean.

Can't wait to get my Mysterious.

·
Registered
118 Posts
SlySol said:
You know, now that I see that day-glo pink...maybe I was wrong :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts