Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Mysterious

3K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  IS300toSOLSTICE 
#1 ·
Those who ordered Mysterious Black - did you go with Ebony or Sand/Steel (tan and black) interior??

I chose Sand/Steel but am wavering. I'm concerned it will look "cheap".

Someone tell me otherwise! Thanks!

Ryan

#3 ·
That was my thought too, I guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

#4 ·
That's what I got, I think it's awesome. At a dealers meeting somewhere they voted that the best combo.

It breaks up the black ext., black top. Unless you like the triple black it's the way to go.

#5 ·
seat worries

I am right there with ya...i ordered the ebony leather, but I would rather have the two tone leather, but i am really scared as to how that "steel" will look in constrast to the black. Under indirect light, i think it will look great, but in the pictures that i have seen where it is under direct sun light, it has that gun metal blue tint that I dont think will go well with the black....So any body that has ordered the two tone and myster. combo, PLEASE take some good picks showing the seats and the exterior in the same shot in direct sun light as soon as you get a chance. my order has not been picked up yet so there is still time to change...and this seat issue is really making me crazy :( , any help from anybody with this combo will have a direct affect on my blood presure. :willy: (man i wish they would have had a black and tan combo as in that one promotional shot.)

#8 ·
My car was ordered all black.I got to see one live and changed my mind on triple black. My daughter got to see the picture of the car with two tone inside and told me the car looked more detailed and cooler.I ordered my car may 19th. In july I went back to my dealer and was able to change the inside to steel and sand.I have seen the black leather I am glad I made the change. It just looks way cooler. :)

#9 ·
dave clancy said:
My car was ordered all black.I got to see one live and changed my mind on triple black. My daughter got to see the picture of the car with two tone inside and told me the car looked more detailed and cooler.I ordered my car may 19th. In july I went back to my dealer and was able to change the inside to steel and sand.I have seen the black leather I am glad I made the change. It just looks way cooler. :)
I might have agreed with you if it was Ebony and Sand. But I don't like the Steel color. I've had family members with all black before, and they all looked great. Black is beautiful.

#10 ·
THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!!! :willy: :willy: i cant wait for some pictures...thinking about this is making the roof of my mouth ich in a way that can only be scratched with the barrel of a .45

#11 ·
The "triple" black is a standard with convertibles. I will be sporty for sure. The Two tone will have a more distinguished look to it. Either is a sure fire winner. I chose Deep with two tone over the triple black just because the dash areas seemed to look too plain and cheap IMHO on the ebony interior.

#12 ·
mceb said:
That's what I got, I think it's awesome. At a dealers meeting somewhere they voted that the best combo.

It breaks up the black ext., black top. Unless you like the triple black it's the way to go.
Wasn't Black with two-tone voted the hottest combo at the Detroit party.

#13 ·
Fortyninenorth said:
Wasn't Black with two-tone voted the hottest combo at the Detroit party.
Not sure, thought it was some dealer only event someone reported. Could be wrong.

When I get mine next week (optimistic thinking now ;) ) I will gladly report on the true color of the 2 tone interior against black exterior.

#16 ·
Black with two tone interior!

I saw the black with two tone interior at the ride and drive event. It almost made me change my order. But "Cool" with two tone is the color of choice for me. If you are ordering black, every sales rep at the event that I spoke to said "Black with the two tone interior is AWESOME"! I agreed! :thumbs:

#17 ·
ntouched said:
I saw the black with two tone interior at the ride and drive event. It almost made me change my order. But "Cool" with two tone is the color of choice for me. If you are ordering black, every sales rep at the event that I spoke to said "Black with the two tone interior is AWESOME"! I agreed! :thumbs:

Take a look at the "cool" in the new brochure. Mighty impressive I think.
Black and red both look awesome as well.

#18 ·
I got all black 'cause I was affraid the two tone would look cheesey. I heard some say the black was sorta 2-tone also (black and Grey). I hope that is true, that would be cool (I mean nice!).
Many threads say the black/sand looks great though! It's all good. :)

#20 ·
brentil - when you get yours, PLEASE post some natural light pics. I haven't seen any pics of the 2tone except the standard Pontiac shots...

#23 · (Edited)
I agree with those concerned about the strength of the blue in the steel color. Additionally, in all of the pics of real Solstices that I've seen, the sand is MUCH lighter than the pics in the new brochure or the pic box that the 1st 1K owners received on Friday. It seems more beige than the goldish color in the brochure pics.

#24 ·
I drove a black Solstice with the two-toned interior in Detroit and the combination was fantastic. A black car isn't practical for me, but for those who have the facilities and time to care for black, I think the two-tone interior is tops.

#25 ·
Let me run out to the shop........... Yes BLACK on BLACK on BLACK for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.