Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify this grommet for me? found it on the floor where I keep my sol. It is hard plastic and appears to be a snap in cable guide of some sort. everything is working as it should and I cannot find any cables or wiring with this part missing.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
That there is no grommet, that there is a BUSHING! As Ksky called it, it's typically use in a hole of a rod and arm attachment. Could be anywhere as most cars have dozens of them. Door latch mechanisms, windows, locks, etc. Basically anything that is a mechanical movement can (and usually does) have one of those.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That there is no grommet, that there is a BUSHING! As Ksky called it, it's typically use in a hole of a rod and arm attachment. Could be anywhere as most cars have dozens of them. Door latch mechanisms, windows, locks, etc. Basically anything that is a mechanical movement can (and usually does) have one of those.
Kappaski nailed it!! about two years ago One of my buttresses quit working and on inspection, the cable end had come off and the and the bushing was missing. Unable to find the bushing, I replaced the small OE end cable ball with a larger aircraft swaged stainless ball cable end that didn't require the bushing. Never did find that bushing; now I have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts